Ingredients for Making Simple Zucchini Caviar
- Zucchini 3 pieces (medium size)
- Onion 2 pieces (large)
- Tomato paste 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil 50-80 grams
- Purified water 100 milliliters
- Main Ingredients: Onion, Zucchini
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Tablespoon, Measuring cup (for water), Kitchen knife, Cutting board, Stove, Deep frying pan with lid, Wooden kitchen spatula, Blender (meat grinder or pusher), Salad bowl
Cooking a simple squash caviar:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First, with a sharp kitchen knife, peel the onions, and cut the stalk of each zucchini. Then we wash the vegetables under a stream of cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, take turns on a cutting board and cut them into cubes up to 1 centimeter in size.
Step 2: prepare a simple squash caviar.
After that, put on a medium heat a deep frying pan and pour the right amount of vegetable oil into it. After a few minutes, when the fat warms up, put the chopped onion there and fry it until goldenstirring occasionally with a wooden kitchen spatula.
When it softens and brownes, add the sliced zucchini into the pan, pour the purified water and simmer everything under the closed lid until the vegetables are ready, about 15-20 minutes.
Then we season them with tomato paste, to taste to taste with salt, black pepper and cook without covering, and also stirring often, for another 5 minutes. Then turn off the stove and cool the aromatic mixture to room temperature.
Further preparation depends on your desire and the inventory that is available. Cooled vegetables can be crushed, crushed several times through an electric or conventional meat grinder and chopped using a hand or stationary blender. Of course, the consistency of the finished caviar will be different, but in any case it will turn out to be divinely tasty.
Step 3: serve a simple squash caviar.
Simple squash caviar - fast, tasty and inexpensive! It can be served at room temperature immediately after cooking or transferred to a small bowl (container), sealed and refrigerated for several hours to insist.
Serving caviar is better in small salad bowls with fresh bread, fish, meat or poultry. This dish is a great side dish or appetizer that perfectly diversifies your casual or festive table. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- if desired, prepared caviar can be seasoned with dry granules of garlic, caraway seeds, suneli hops, basil, thyme, marjoram, Italian or Provencal herbs, as well as white or red pepper;
- very often carrots, chopped on a medium grater, are overcooked with onions and only after this are added squash;
- sometimes tomato paste is replaced with fresh tomatoes, but before that they should be blanched in boiling water for 30-40 seconds, remove the peel from vegetables and grind with a meat grinder, blender or fine grater;
- if the tomato paste is too acidic, add granulated sugar to the pan to taste;
- It is better to stew vegetables in non-stick or cast-iron dishes so as not to burn.