Ingredients for Making Apple Jelly
- 5 kilogram apples
- Sugar sand as needed
- Clean water as needed
- Main IngredientsApple, Sugar
- Serving 3 servings
- World Cuisine
Knife, Cutting board, Teaspoon, Deep pan - 2 pieces (capacity 4 - 5 liters), Stove, Skimmer, Plate, Sieve with fine mesh, Sterile gauze - 60 centimeters, Wooden kitchen spoon, Measuring cup, Ladle, Half-liter glass jar - 3 pieces, Metal screw cover - 3 pieces, Kitchen towel - 1 - 2 pieces, Wool blanket
Making jelly from apples:
Step 1: prepare and cook apples.
We take the right amount of apples and thoroughly rinse them under cold running water. Then we cut each fruit into 4-8 parts and send pieces of fruit into a deep saucepan along with the seeds.
Pour pure water there. We fill the pan so that the liquid reaches the middle level of the apples, and put the container on the stove, included in the middle level. After boiling, cook the apples 30 minutes.
Step 2: filter apple juice.
In 30 minutes set a sieve with a fine mesh on a clean deep bowl and cover it with a small piece of sterile gauze. We filter through the resulting structure boiled apple juice. Leave the boiled apple slices in a sieve on 2 hours in order to drain the remaining juice.
Step 3: Cook jelly from apples.
After two hours, measure the mass of juice using a measuring cup, pour it into a clean deep saucepan and based on its quantity add sugar to it. For 1.5 liters of juice - 1 kilogram of sugar. Then turn on the stove to a strong level, put on it a pan with strained apple juice and bring it to a boil. After boiling, reduce the temperature of the plate to an average level, using a slotted spoon, remove the foam from the juice and boil it for 60 minutes. During cooking, periodically stir the jelly with a wooden kitchen spoon.
Step 4: preserve the jelly from the apples.
After an hour, check the readiness of the jelly. We collect a teaspoon of aromatic mass and drip a couple of drops on a dry plate. If drops after cooling keep their shape and do not spread on a plate, the jelly is finally ready. Using a ladle, pour it into sterilized jars, cover these containers with sterilized screw caps (hot) and tightly close, helping yourself with a kitchen towel. We put the jars on the floor with the lids up, cover with an old woolen blanket and cool to room temperature over 12 days. Then we rearrange them in a dry, cool place: pantry, cellar or basement.
Step 5: serve the jelly from the apples.
Jelly from apples is served at room temperature. This dessert is served in bowls, bowls and dessert vases. As a complement to this yummy, you can offer homemade bread, cookies, sweet crackers and freshly brewed tea of any kind. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- The exact mass of apples is not indicated in the recipe. They come in different varieties, respectively, each variety during cooking gives a different amount of juice. Therefore, the calculation is for 1.5 liters of apple juice - 1 kilogram of granulated sugar.
- Do not use aluminum utensils for cooking jelly.
- In order to make apple jelly more transparent, it can be filtered through a double layer of sterile gauze.
- If desired, jam can not be preserved, and after cooling, stored in the refrigerator, in hermetically sealed jars.
- All equipment with which jelly will be prepared should be thoroughly washed and sterilized in any convenient way. You can find out more detailed information by clicking on this link.