Ingredients for Making Millet Soup
- Chicken (fresh wings) 500 grams
- Millet 100 grams
- Potato 250 grams
- Onion 1 piece
- Carrot 1 piece
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Laurel leaf 1-2 pieces
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Purified water 3 liters
- Parsley or dill at will and taste
- Main Ingredients: Potato, Onion, Carrot, Chicken, Millet and Wheat
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scale, Measuring cup (for water), Kitchen knife - 2 pieces, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Paper kitchen towels, Bowl, Deep pan with a lid (capacity 4-5 liters), Skimmer, Stove, Frying pan, Kitchen spatula, Deep plate, ladle
Cooking millet soup:
Step 1: prepare the chicken.
First of all, we take fresh chicken wings, thoroughly rinse them under a stream of cold running water, dip them with paper kitchen towels, take turns on a cutting board and cut them into three parts with a kitchen knife into joints. We remove the extreme phalanges, send the remaining pieces into a deep pot with a volume of 4-5 liters and fill it with the right amount of purified water.
Step 2: Cook the broth.
We put the dishes with chicken on a strong fire. As soon as the water begins to boil, reduce it to a small level and cook the broth for 40-50 minutes under a covered lid, periodically remove white-gray foam - curled protein from its surface with a slotted spoon.
Step 3: prepare the rest of the ingredients.
While the chicken is preparing, we prepare the remaining products that will be needed for the soup. Using a clean knife, peel onions, carrots and potatoes. Then we wash them, dry and grind on a clean cutting board. We cut the potatoes into slices up to 2-2.5 centimeters in size, immediately put them in a small bowl and fill them with running water so that it completely covers it.
We chop the carrots on a coarse grater, and chop the onion into small cubes up to 1 centimeter in size. Then we sort out the yellow millet, while removing damaged grains and litter of any kind. Then pour it into a sieve with a fine mesh, rinse thoroughly and leave it there until use so that the excess liquid and the glass dry out.
Step 4: cook potatoes with millet.
In 40-50 minutes, pour water from the potato and send it to the pot with the prepared broth. Pour dried millet there, mix everything and cook 5 minutes.
Step 5: preparing a gas station.
Meanwhile, we put a frying pan on an adjacent burner and pour a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil into it. After a few minutes, put chopped onions with carrots in the preheated fat. Stir them occasionally with a kitchen spatula, fry vegetables over medium heat 2-3 minutes.
Step 6: bring the soup to full readiness.
After the onions and carrots have softened, we shift the resulting dressing into a pot with boiled potatoes and cereals. Season the almost finished soup with bay leaf, to taste with salt, black pepper and cook still 12-15 minutes until vegetables are fully cooked. Then turn off the stove and insist the first dish under the lid 5-7 minutes. Next, with the help of a ladle, pour it into deep plates and serve to the table.
Step 7: serve millet soup.
Millet soup is served hot as the first course for dinner. It is served in portions in deep plates, previously sprinkled with fresh finely chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro or green onions.
This dish is pleasant to enjoy along with fresh bread, crackers and sour cream. Fast and inexpensive!
Enjoy your meal!
- It is not necessary to use chicken wings. Some cook broth from fillets, drumsticks, breasts, and there are lovers of beef or pork broth, it all depends on your taste. At the same time, do not forget that chicken and meat are cooked at different times;
- the soup can be seasoned with any spices that are used during the preparation of the first hot dishes;
- very often carrots and onions are fried together with finely chopped tomato and sweet salad pepper;
- sometimes the broth is cooked along with the roots of parsley, dill and ginger, this makes its aroma very saturated;
- an excellent substitute for vegetable oil - cream;
- many hostesses filter the finished broth through a sieve with a fine mesh or a piece of gauze, folded in 2-3 layers, this makes it more transparent;
- in the same way you can cook soup with rice or buckwheat.