Grilled Perch Ingredients
- Fresh perch 2 pieces (weight 1 kilogram, approximately 500 grams each fish)
- Garlic 3-4 prongs
- Onion 1 piece (small)
- Chili pepper 1 piece (small, length 2 centimeters)
- Dried (ground) parsley 3 tablespoons
- Dried ground thyme 1 teaspoon
- Paprika 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 20 milliliters
- Olive oil 6 tablespoons
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper 1 teaspoon
- Main ingredients: Perch, Onion, Pepper, Garlic
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Teaspoon, Tablespoon, Paper kitchen towels, Kitchen knife - 2 pieces, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Fish scraper, Plastic bag with zip-lock, Refrigerator, Charcoal grill, Grill, Charcoal, Firewood, Measuring cup , Baking brush, Metal kitchen spatula, Plate
Step 1: prepare the marinade.
First of all, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel the onions and garlic, and cut the stalk of red hot chili peppers and gut it from the seeds. Then we wash the vegetables, dry them, put them on a cutting board and grind them. Garlic can be passed through a press, finely chopped onions and peppercorns. We send slices to any clean dishes, add dried parsley, thyme, paprika, salt, ground black pepper, 5 tablespoons of olive oil, as well as a little lemon juice, if desired, it can be natural or concentrated and canned. Then mix everything to a homogeneous consistency - the marinade is ready!
Step 2: prepare the fish.
Now we take a couple of large perches, in turn we thoroughly wash them under a stream of cold running water, while using a scraper we clean them of scales. Then we spread the fish carcasses on a clean cutting board, open the belly with a new kitchen knife and gut it from the insides. We pay special attention to the gall bladder, get it gently so that it does not burst, otherwise the dish will turn out with a bitter aftertaste and it will be impossible to rehabilitate it!
Further preparation depends on your desire, you can cut off perch heads, and if you decide to cook with them, then it is better to remove the gills and eyes. When the issue with the fish is resolved, we rinse it again, dry it with paper kitchen towels and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: pickle the fish.
Using a baking brush, rub the perch with the prepared marinade from all sides and inside. Then we put them in a plastic bag, pour the remnants of the spicy mixture there, seal the ziplock (fastener) and send the fish to the refrigerator 2-3 hours.
Step 4: cook the perch on the grill.
After about a few hours, you can begin to prepare the grill, if it is electric, then everything is simple - turn it on and warm it up. If you have ordinary coal, you have to sweat, first light a fire, let it burn, so that the coals are slightly darkened, and only then proceed to frying.
Also at this time, grease the edges of a special lattice with a tablespoon of vegetable oil. After some time, put the pickled fish on it, close it and set it on a rather well-heated grill.
Fry fish on each side 8-10 minutes.
Turning it from side to side every second is not worth it, just once!
Then we move the grate to a large flat plate, pry one of its sides with a knife and carefully open it. Then, using a wide kitchen spatula, we spread the hot perch in portions on plates, supplement each with your favorite side dish and serve to the table.
Step 5: serve the perch on the grill.
Grilled perch differs significantly from ordinary fried perch in its magnificent aroma and crisp. The fish is served immediately after cooking hot as the first main or second course for dinner. The best side dish for this dish is baked, steamed or boiled vegetables, and mashed potatoes are also a good option, although rice, pasta, salads and cereals from different cereals are also suitable. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- a set of spices can be supplemented: fennel, savory, cucumber herb, nutmeg, lemon balm, cardamom, coriander, rosemary, basil, bay leaf and many others;
- Are you going to cook fish on a regular charcoal grill? Do not forget that for kindling a fire you cannot use firewood from trees such as mountain ash, poplar, aspen, acacia and oleander, they contain poisonous oils. Also, do not take coniferous branches! The best firewood from birch, linden or fruit species - apple trees, pears;
- very often, instead of dried parsley and thyme, fresh herbs of these herbs are used;
- if you don’t have plastic bags with a fastener, pickle fish in enameled, glass or clay dishes, it is better not to use aluminum containers, the products oxidize quickly in them, which greatly affects the taste and aroma of the finished dish;
- is there a little marinade left in the bag? Water them fish periodically while frying!
- Do not forget to clean the grill bowl and metal grill from old ash and any other impurities before frying perch!