Steamed Salmon Ingredients
- Salmon (fresh filet) 500 grams
- A mixture of dried herbs for fish 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Measuring cup (for liquid), Tablespoon, Paper kitchen towels, Plate - 2 pieces, Steamer, Kitchen spatula
Step 1: prepare the fish.
To prepare this chic dish, we will use already fresh peeled fish fillet with skin, without bones, fins and scales. Therefore, just rinse it under a stream of cold running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, send it to a cutting board and cut it into 2 equal portions across.
Then we sprinkle them on both sides with a mixture of dried herbs, rub to taste with black ground pepper, salt, pour over vegetable oil, put on a plate and leave it in this form on 5-7 minutes.
Step 2: cook the salmon for a couple.
Next, carefully read the instructions for use of the double boiler, it indicates the exact amount of liquid and products that can be in separate compartments of the kitchen appliance. We pour in ordinary flowing water or, if desired, purified water, and on top of it we install a basket with holes and lay out pieces of salmon soaked in spices.
After that, cover the double boiler with a lid, plug it into the network, set on the timer 15-20 minutes and wait for the fragrant dish to be ready. Cooking time may vary depending on your taste, some like a more tender fish and increase it to 25 minutes.
When the kitchen appliance clicks to notify you of the end of the process, do not immediately remove the lid, there is hot steam under it that can burn your skin, so we leave the trout inside for a few more minutes. Next, with the help of a kitchen spatula, we lay it out in portions on plates and serve to the table with your favorite side dish.
Step 3: serve the salmon for a couple.
Steamed salmon is served hot as a second main course. The fish is served immediately, in portions on plates, complementing it with other goodies, such as rice risotto, salad, mashed potatoes on sour cream and butter, fresh herbs, stewed vegetables or whatever you like. Enjoy delicious and easy-to-cook food!
Enjoy your meal!
- salmon can be seasoned with any spices and herbs that are used to prepare fish dishes, for example: thyme, lovage, lemon balm, fennel, savory, sage, white or allspice and many others;
- an ideal substitute for olive oil - refined or melted sunflower sunflower oil;
- very often, fish are laid out on a pillow of finely chopped vegetables: carrots, onions, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms. In this case, the cooking time is increased by 20 minutes;
- sometimes the fish is not salted, but watered to taste with soy sauce and seasoned with freshly squeezed lemon juice;
- Instead of an electric double boiler, you can use bamboo or stationary metal.