Shrimp and Basil Pasta Ingredients
- King prawns (peeled, freshly frozen) 24 pieces (400-450 grams)
- Long pasta (spaghetti, linguine, tagliatelle) 300 grams
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil 45 milliliters
- Dry white wine (table) 150 milliliters
- Lemon zest (grated) 1 teaspoon
- Basil (fresh leaves) 30 grams
- Ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt as needed
- Purified water 3 liters
- Main Ingredients: Shrimp, Garlic, White Wine
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Kitchen scale, Teaspoon, Measuring cup, Deep pan with a lid (4 liter capacity), Paper kitchen towels, Kitchen knife, Cutting board, Wooden kitchen spoon, Wooden kitchen shovel, Stove, Deep frying pan, Colander, Plate
Cooking pasta with shrimp and basil:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First of all, we put on a strong fire a deep pan filled with purified water at the rate of for every 100 grams of paste 1 liter, and bring the liquid to a boil. In the meantime, peel the garlic and rinse it with greens under a stream of cold running water. We dry these products with paper kitchen towels, tear the basil leaves into more pieces, and cut each clove of garlic into 2-3 parts. We leave them on a cutting board and put on the kitchen table the remaining ingredients that will be needed to prepare the dish.
Step 2: Cook the pasta.
After the water in the pan begins to boil violently, pour about 30 grams of salt and reduce the level of fire to medium. Then we put our favorite pasta there, in this recipe we use linguines, cover the pasta with a lid and let the liquid boil again. Then remove the lid and cook the paste 9-10 minutesstirring occasionally with a wooden kitchen spoon.
Step 3: fry the garlic.
We don’t waste time in vain, turn on the next burner on medium heat, put a deep frying pan on it and pour olive oil into it. After a few minutes, we lower the garlic cloves cut into several parts into it. Fry them for 2 minutes to golden brown. When the characteristic spicy aroma spreads through the kitchen, remove the pieces of vegetable from the pan, they will no longer be needed.
Step 4: prepare the shrimp sauce.
Now we send the peeled shrimp to the fragrant oil and fry them for 1-2 minutes.
As soon as they change color from gray to pale orange, add lemon zest to the seafood, pour in dry white wine, mix and cook them together over high heat 2-3 minutes.
After this we send basil to the pan, season everything with salt, black pepper, mix again, cook just a moment and set aside, it's time to pay attention to the paste!
Step 5: bring the dish to full readiness.
We taste the pasta, they should be soft, without a powdery layer. If this is the case, we discard the linguine in a colander, shake it a couple of times and leave it in it for several minutes so that the remaining liquid is glass.
Then we transfer the paste to the pan with shrimp sauce, mix everything thoroughly, but gently, warm up our medium heat for one minute, put in portions on plates and serve to the table.
Step 6: serve the shrimp and basil paste.
Pasta with shrimp and basil is served immediately after cooking hot. At will, each serving is decorated with fresh basil leaves or other favorite herbs. This dish is considered independent, but it can be supplemented with pickles or a salad of fresh vegetables. Enjoy delicious exotic Italian cuisine!
Enjoy your meal!
- Before preparing pasta, carefully read the instructions on the packaging, very often the cooking time depends on the varieties of wheat from which these or those pasta are made;
- a set of spices can be supplemented with marjoram, dill, white pepper, ginger, coriander, garlic granules or cardamom;
- An ideal substitute for olive oil - refined or sunflower cream;
- lemon zest can be chopped on a fine grater or chopped with a kitchen knife;
- at will, basil can be replaced with arugula - a plant in the cabbage family;
- this dish is cooked very quickly, if you have purchased unpeeled frozen shrimp, then first it is better to let them thaw, clean and then start cooking the pasta and preparing other products.