Ingredients for making warm squid salad.
Seafood and vegetables:
- Squids (fresh, peeled) 300 grams
- Cucumber 1 piece (large)
- Celery 1 branch with leaves
- Red onion 1 piece (small)
- Carrot 1 piece (small)
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons in salad and 1/2 teaspoon for frying
- Fish sauce 2 tablespoons
- Lime juice 3 tablespoons
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Chili pepper 1 piece (1.5-2 centimeters long)
- Parsley 1-2 branches
- Main ingredients: Squid, Onion, Carrot, Cucumber, Celery, Lime
- Serving 3 servings
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Teaspoon, Tablespoon, Bowl, Deep bowl, Kitchen knife - 3 pieces, Cutting board - 3 pieces, Manual juicer, Bowl, Stove, Grill pan, Kitchen shovel, Salad bowl
Cooking a warm salad with squid:
Step 1: prepare the squid.
In this recipe, we use already peeled squids without peels, viscera and chords - something like a flexible transparent spine. Therefore, it will be easy to prepare them, just rinse the seafood under a stream of cold running water, dry with paper kitchen towels, sprinkle with salt and black pepper to the inside and also to the taste, send to a small bowl, mix and leave it like that on 10-12 minutes.
Step 2: prepare the vegetables.
While squids are insisted, peel onions, carrots and garlic. Then we wash them with cucumber, sprigs of parsley, celery, chili pepper and dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture. After that, we put the peppercorn, herbs and garlic for a while aside. The rest of the vegetables are sent in turn to a cutting board, chopped into strips or small slices up to 2-3 millimeters thick and transfer to a deep bowl.
Step 3: preparing a gas station.
Then finely chop the parsley, cloves of garlic, hot chili pepper and seeds on a clean cutting board and drop the slices into a small bowl. We squeeze out fresh lime juice through a manual juicer, pour in the right amount of olive oil and fish sauce. Mix everything with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency and leave the resulting dressing to infuse.
Step 4: fry the squid.
Then we put the grill pan on medium heat using a baking brush, grease its ribs with a thin layer of olive oil and warm it well.
After a few minutes, spread the squid soaked in spices there and fry them on both sides for about 2-3 minutes each. As soon as the seafood begins to curl and shrink, with the help of a kitchen spatula, we transfer them to a cutting board and cool slightly.
Step 5: bring the salad to full readiness.
Then we cut still warm squids in rings or half rings, send to a bowl with chopped vegetables and fill the almost ready salad with dressing.
Mix everything thoroughly, put it in a salad bowl, decorate with parsley sprigs, chili peppers and serve to the table, if desired.
Step 6: serve warm squid salad.
Warm squid salad is served immediately after preparation.
It is mainly served as an appetizer before the main first or second main dishes, but if you combine it with croutons or brown bread, then it is quite possible to get enough. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- at the request of the squid, before frying it can be marinated for 30 minutes in lemon juice and spices;
- the amount of hot pepper, garlic and spices is best adjusted to taste;
- Instead of olive oil, very often used odorless refined sunflower;
- sometimes finely chopped dill, mustard and paprika are added to the dressing;
- A set of vegetables can be supplemented with a couple of tomatoes and fresh sweet salad pepper.