Ingredients for Cooking Braised Cabbage with Vegetables
- White cabbage 1 head (average)
- Carrot 1 piece (large)
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Eggplant 1 piece (large)
- Zucchini 1 piece (large)
- Sweet bell pepper 1 piece (large)
- Tomato paste 1-2 tablespoons or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Dried dill 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil 50-60 milliliters
- Purified water 1.5 cups
- Main ingredients: Eggplant, Cabbage, Onions, Carrots, Zucchini
- Serving 8 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife, Cutting board, Glass (capacity 200 milliliters), Deep bowl, Deep plate - 4-5 pieces, Non-stick deep pan with a thick bottom and a lid or cauldron (capacity 4 liters), Stove, Wooden kitchen spoon, Plate
Cooking stewed cabbage with vegetables:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First, with a sharp kitchen knife, remove the top contaminated leaves from the cabbage, remove the stalk from the pepper and gut it from the seeds, and peel the remaining vegetables from the skin. Then we wash them under cold running water and carefully dry with paper kitchen towels.
After that, we take turns laying on a chopping board and chop. We shred the cabbage with straws up to 5-7 millimeters thick, transfer to a deep bowl, sprinkle with 2 pinches of salt, wring out a couple of times with our hands and leave it in this form until use.
Sweet pepper, carrots, onions, eggplant and zucchini are cut into 1 centimeter cubes. We lay out everything in separate deep plates and put on the kitchen table the remaining ingredients that will be needed to prepare the dish.
Step 2: prepare the stewed cabbage with vegetables.
Now we turn on the burner on medium heat, put on it a deep non-stick pan with a thick bottom and pour vegetable oil into it. After a few minutes, dip the carrots and onions. Fry them 2-3 minutesstirring vigorously with a wooden kitchen spoon. Then add zucchini, eggplant to them and cook together 2-3 minutes.
Then we send sweet pepper there and fry a few minutes.
Next, put the cabbage in the pan, mix everything thoroughly until smooth and simmer 5 minutes.
After that, to make the dish spicy, season it with dried dill, to taste with salt, black pepper and tomato paste.
Now reduce the heat to a level between small and medium, fill the vegetables with purified water, cover the pan with a lid and simmer everything, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes until almost complete evaporation of moisture. Then we spread the stewed cabbage on plates and taste forwards!
Step 3: serve the stewed cabbage with vegetables.
Braised cabbage with vegetables is served hot as a second course. It is served along with sliced bread, sour cream or homemade cream. Very often this dish is used as a side dish for dishes of meat, poultry, fish and sausages. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- you can stew mushrooms with cabbage;
- very often tomato paste is replaced with fresh tomatoes or sour cream;
- in the same way you can stew sauerkraut, but in this case it is better not to add tomato or tomatoes;
- if desired, the skin from the zucchini and eggplant can not be removed;
- if the cabbage is very juicy, it is better to reduce the amount of water to one glass;
- instead of water, you can use a broth or vegetable broth;
- the set of spices indicated in the recipe is not fundamental, you can use any others that are added to dishes from vegetables.