Ingredients for boiled beef
Meat and vegetables:
- Beef (fresh pulp) 600 grams
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Ginger (fresh root) 20 grams
- Celery (fresh root) 50 grams
- Carrot 1 piece
Spices and seasonings:
- Allspice Peas 5-6 pieces
- 5-6 black peppercorns
- Laurel leaf 3-4 pieces
- Salt to taste
Greens and other products:
- Dill 3-5 branches
- Parsley 3-5 branches
- Purified water as needed
- Main Ingredients: Beef, Onion, Carrot
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife - 3 pieces, Cutting board - 3 pieces, Paper kitchen towels, Deep bowl, Stove, Deep pan with a lid (capacity 4 liters), Skimmer, Plate
Cooking boiled beef:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
In this dish, the right choice of beef is very important, it is desirable that it be fresh and medium fat. The best choice is brisket, rump or rump.
First, we wash the meat under a stream of cold running water and dry it with paper kitchen towels. Then we put it on a cutting board and clean it of film, veins, fat, as well as small bones that could remain on beef after chopping the carcass.
Then we send the meat to a deep pan and fill it with purified water above its level by 1.5-2 centimeters. Then we transfer this product back to the board, and put the dishes with liquid on a strong fire.
In the meantime, peel all the vegetables indicated in the recipe and rinse them along with sprigs of herbs in cold water. If desired, cut each of these ingredients into 4-6 parts and put in a deep bowl. We also put the necessary spices and salt on the kitchen table.
Step 2: cook the boiled beef.
When the water in the pan begins to boil, very carefully dip a piece of beef into it and add a bay leaf and two types of peppers to the gurgling liquid: black and allspice.
After boiling again, cook the meat over high heat, constantly removing the gray foam - curdled protein with a slotted spoon from the surface of the liquid.
As soon as the foam ceases to appear, reduce the level of fire to the smallest. We cover the pan with a lid so that a small gap remains, and cook the beef in this way one hour.
After the required time has passed, add prepared vegetables, greens to the pan, salt to taste and continue to cook the meat with a slight boil. 35-45 minutes or until completely soft. Total cooking time may vary. from 1.5 to 2.5 hours, it all depends on the size, variety, youth and fat content of beef!
After the meat is completely boiled, turn off the stove and leave it to cool in the broth. Then we take it out, put it on a clean cutting board, cut across the layers with a thickness of 5 millimeters to 1 centimeter and serve the beef on a plate to the table.
Step 3: serve the boiled beef.
Boiled beef is served warm or cold. After cooking, the meat can be used for any purpose, make a filling for baking, serve as a cut or main dish, as well as prepare salads. Very often, together with meat, deep bowls with beef broth and plates with crackers are put on the table. Enjoy delicious, familiar and very easy to cook food!
Enjoy your meal!
- if you cook meat for slicing, salad or as a second dish, be sure to put it in hot boiling water, and if you need rich broth, then in cold;
- vegetables that remain in the broth can be grated through a sieve or chopped in a blender and prepare vegetable sauce for meat based on them;
- a set of spices can be supplemented with cinnamon, cloves, dried or fresh basil, star anise;
- very often to all the above vegetables add sweet salad pepper, dried mushrooms, celery stalks and garlic;
- if desired, a pinch of sodium glutamate can be added to the pan 15 minutes before the meat is ready, the flavor enhancer;
- be careful when choosing meat! Fresh beef has a bright red color, soft fibrous structure and a pleasant smell. At the same time, her fat is soft, white or slightly creamy. Do not buy old beef, it is difficult to digest, especially in a childish body!