Ingredients for cooking buckwheat with mushrooms and chicken
- Buckwheat groats 1 cup
- Chicken (fresh breast) 1 piece
- Champignons 200 grams
- Garlic 2-3 cloves
- Cream (non-greasy) 200 milliliters
- Vegetable oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Purified water 2 cups
- Main ingredients: Chicken, Cream, Buckwheat
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Glass (capacity 200 milliliters), Deep bowl, Colander, Stove, Saucepan with lid or cauldron (capacity 2 liters), Tablespoon, Kitchen knife - 2 pieces, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Bowl, Frying pan with lid, Kitchen spatula, Plate
Cooking buckwheat with mushrooms and chicken:
Step 1: prepare buckwheat.
First of all, we select pebbles and any other rubbish from buckwheat kernel. Then pour it into a deep bowl and rinse thoroughly in cold running water until the liquid becomes clear, while the remaining debris floats to the surface and can be easily removed. Then we discard buckwheat in a colander with a fine mesh and leave it on it 5-7 minutesto drain the remaining water.
Step 2: boil buckwheat.
Meanwhile, we put a cauldron or a pot with a thick bottom on a strong fire and pour purified water there. After some time, add salt and buckwheat to the boiling water to taste.
Mix everything with a tablespoon to a uniform consistency, reduce the heat to a small level and cook the porridge under a tightly closed lid until fully cooked or until all the liquid has boiled away, about 20-25 minutes.
Step 3: prepare the chicken breast.
While buckwheat puffs on the stove, prepare the remaining products and cook the gravy. We take fresh chicken breast, rinse it under cold running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to remove the film, cartilage, and also excess fat from it. After that, cut the meat into small pieces or strips up to 2 centimeters thick.
Step 4: prepare the vegetables.
Next, cut the roots from each champignon, and peel the garlic cloves from the husk. We wash the vegetables under running water and dry them with paper towels. Mushrooms are laid out in turn on a cutting board and with a clean knife we shred with layers up to 5 millimeters thick. Pass the garlic through a press or chop finely and immediately proceed to the next step.
Step 5: prepare the gravy.
We put the pan on medium heat and pour the right amount of vegetable oil into it. After a few minutes, we lower the chopped chicken there and fry it until the moisture evaporates completely, stirring occasionally with a kitchen spatula. It will take 8-10 minutes.
Then we add layers of champignons to the chicken and cook them together, also until the mushroom juice is completely evaporated, this is 10-12 minutes. At this time, check the porridge, if cooked, remove it from the stove.
Then pour the cream into the pan, put the chopped garlic, salt to taste, ground black pepper and cook the gravy for a couple more minutes. Then turn off the fire and let the aromatic mixture stand under the lid 5-7 minutes. After that, we act at will, either we mix porridge with gravy, or pour buckwheat into a plate and lay on top slices of chicken with mushrooms, so this dish can be served in two ways.
Step 6: serve buckwheat with mushrooms and chicken.
Buckwheat with mushrooms and chicken is served hot as a second course. Gravy is mixed with porridge or spread it on buckwheat and served in portions. To this dish, as a complement, you can offer a salad of fresh vegetables or pickles. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- If you are in a hurry to work or for any other business, then there is a great way to simplify the process of making porridge. We put the cleaned and washed buckwheat into a cauldron or pan with a thick bottom, pour three glasses of boiling water and leave it in this form for the night, if cooked in the morning, or for the whole day, if the porridge cooks in the late afternoon. After the right time, the cereal absorbs most of the water, so it remains to put it on medium heat and evaporate the excess liquid. After about 10 to 12 minutes, buckwheat will be ready;
- at will, gravy can be seasoned with any other spices that are used during the preparation of poultry or meat dishes;
- instead of cream, you can use sour cream 20% fat;
- buckwheat can be cooked in broth or vegetable broth;
- very often, the chicken is stewed with finely chopped onions and then the remaining products are added in order.