Ingredients for Making Tomato Soup with Pumpkin
- Pumpkin 400 g or ready-made pumpkin puree
- Canned tomatoes in own juice 1 can
- Vegetable or chicken broth 1 liter
- Onion medium 1 pc
- Vegetable broth 1 liter
- Cream (20%) 30 ml
- Dried oregano 1/2 tsp
- Ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil 2-3 tbsp. spoons
- Main Ingredients Tomato, Pumpkin, Cream
- Serving 4 servings
Knife, Cutting board, Casserole - 3 liters - 2 pcs, Blender or food processor, Shovel, Tablespoon, Tea spoon, Small plate
Cooking tomato soup with pumpkin:
Step 1: Cooking Pumpkin Puree.
To speed up and simplify the cooking process as much as possible, canned pumpkin puree will help. If you have a suitable slice of fresh vegetable, you can make it yourself.
Peel the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Cut it into small pieces of arbitrary shape, transfer to a pan and fill it with water so that it barely covers them. We cover the pan with a lid and simmer the pumpkin until cooked on low heat for about 25-30 minutes.
We pour the vegetable broth into a separate bowl, it will still be useful to us. The pumpkin is transferred to a food processor and chopped using a special nozzle in mashed potatoes. If you have a remote blender, great, everything can be done in a saucepan.
Step 2: Prepare the onions and tomatoes.
Peel the onion and cut into cubes or half rings, transfer to a clean plate. The shape of the pieces in this case does not matter, choose any.
We take out the canned tomatoes and cut into small pieces. In the fall, when it is possible to use fragrant ground tomatoes, of course, it is better to take them. The taste of soup will benefit from this. Fresh vegetables must be scalded and peeled.
Step 3: Cook the tomato soup with pumpkin.
We put the pan on the stove and heat it a little over low heat. Pour in oil, put onion, spices and passé all for about 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add chopped tomatoes and ready pumpkin puree to the pan. Pour the vegetable broth and the remaining juice in a jar (in which there were canned tomatoes). Mix, add spices and salt to taste. Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes. Then add the cream and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the soup to brew a little.
Step 4: Serve the tomato soup with pumpkin.
A wonderful addition to tomato pumpkin soup will be fresh bread with crisp or croutons. You can put a spoonful of sour cream, fresh parsley or basil in a plate.
Enjoy your meal!
- Before cooking the soup, inspect your refrigerator. Perhaps there was a small piece of bacon, ham, cheese, celery stalk, sweet pepper. Remarkably, any of these ingredients will only improve the taste of the dish;
- cream is not necessary to add, but they soften the taste of the soup and make it more refined; instead of cream, you can add 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce, it will turn out tasty and unusual;
- Serve croutons or croutons in soup. Cut the white bread into small cubes and fry them in butter or olive oil until crisp, salt and sprinkle a little.