Ingredients for making fried Adyghe cheese
- Adyghe cheese 300-500 grams
- Sifted wheat flour 1/2 cup or as needed
- Purified water 1 cup or as needed
- Salt (fine) 2 pinches or to taste
- Vegetable oil (for frying) as needed
- Main ingredients: Cheese, Flour
- Portion 3 - 5
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife, Cutting board, Plate, Deep plate - 2 pieces, Glass (capacity 200 milliliters), Stove, Frying pan, Kitchen spatula, Paper kitchen towels
Cooking fried Adyghe cheese:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
We take the right amount of Adyghe cheese, remove the packaging from it, send the dairy product to a cutting board, use a kitchen knife to cut it into layers 1-1.5 centimeters thick and transfer them to a plate.
In a separate bowl, pour a little sifted wheat flour, about half a glass. Add a pinch of salt to it and mix the dry ingredients with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency.
Pour a glass of purified water into a clean deep plate and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare the fried Adyghe cheese.
We put the pan on medium heat and pour into it 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil. After 2-3 minutes take turns dipping pieces of cheese in water, then roll them in salted flour and spread them on the bottom of a hot pan. Fry slices of dairy product on both sides, each approximately 1,5-2 minutes.
Cooking for a very long time is not necessary, as soon as the cheese is covered with a golden brown crust, with the help of a kitchen spatula, we transfer it to a paper towel previously spread out on the countertop, and give the paper the opportunity to absorb excess fat. Then we lay out the fragrant dishes on plates and serve hot on the table.
Step 3: serve the fried Adyghe cheese.
Fried Adyghe cheese is served immediately after cooking. It is better to eat it hot when it is tender, juicy, soft inside and with a crisp. After cooling, the cheese becomes hard and loses its juiciness! As a complement to this dish, you can offer berry or fruit sauces, it is also very often served with stewed vegetables or used as a snack. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- instead of wheat flour, you can use corn;
- water can be replaced with dry white wine, this will make the cheese a pleasant sourness;
- optionally, spices can be added to flour, such as ground black pepper, dried dill, parsley, cilantro, curry, paprika or ground laurel leaf;
- very often cheese is fried in pure butter or a couple of tablespoons of vegetable are added to it.