Caprese Salad Ingredients
- Tomatoes 400 g
- Mozzarella Cheese 500 g
- Fresh basil 1 bunch
- Oregano to taste
- Olive oil for dressing
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients: Tomato, Cheese, Greens
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Serving plate, Paper kitchen towels or napkins
Making Caprese Salad:
Step 1: Prepare the tomatoes and cheese.
It is better to choose tomatoes for such a salad of a beautiful even shape, soft, but not watery. So, we thoroughly rinse them under running water, wipe them with paper kitchen towels or napkins, put them on a cutting board and start cutting. Cut into slices or in neat circles with a thickness of about 5 mm.
Mozzarella is an Italian cheese that is most often sold in brine. Cheese balls are cut into about the same circles as tomatoes.
Step 2: Prepare the basil.
We wash the green leaves of basil under running water, shake off excess fluid and lay on paper kitchen towels or napkins.
Step 3: Form the salad.
Now we proceed directly to the formation of the salad. Tomatoes are beautifully laid in a circle on a plate for serving, then spread the cheese between them and decorate with basil.
Sprinkle to taste with salt, oregano, season with olive oil and put in the refrigerator for 20 - 60 minutes.
Step 4: Serve Caprese Salad.
Caprese salad is traditionally served chilled along with slices of flavored bread. Tasty and quick appetizer ready!
Enjoy your meal!
- To make mozzarella cut easier, use a sharp knife and periodically moisten it either in water or in brine. And remember: mozzarella has a very short shelf life.
- It is best to use cold-pressed olive oil for salad.
- This salad can be supplemented with red onion rings.
- Caprese is often served with pesto.