Ingredients for making Coleslaw
- White cabbage 500 grams
- Carrots 1-2 pieces (large)
- Apple (sweet) 1 piece (large)
- Salt half a teaspoon
- Sunflower oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Lemon half
- Main Ingredients: Cabbage, Carrot, Apple
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Deep bowl, Knife, Cutting board, Paper kitchen towels, Grater, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Salad bowl, Plate
Cooking cabbage salad:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First, remove the old leaves from the cabbage, and peel the carrots. Then we wash the vegetables with the apple under cold running water and dry them with paper kitchen towels to prevent excess fluid. After that, put salt, vegetable oil on the kitchen table and put half of the lemon.
Step 2: prepare the coleslaw.
Now we begin to prepare the salad itself. Grate the carrots on a medium grater and send it to a deep salad bowl.
Next, we cut the cabbage into strips up to 5 millimeters thick and shift the slices into a bowl of carrots.
Then we remove the stalk from the apple and cut off the skin from it with a thin layer.
Then we rub the fruit on a medium grater and immediately squeeze the juice from half of the lemon onto it.
We shift the chopped apple into a bowl after the cabbage.
After that, add salt to an almost ready-made salad, with a tablespoon we mix all the components of the dish to a homogeneous consistency and season it with vegetable oil. Re-mix the salad and serve it to the table.
Step 3: serve cabbage salad.
Coleslaw is served at room temperature. By itself, it is a dietary dish, but ideally serves as an excellent side dish for meat, fish, poultry or game. It can also be cooked on fasting days and savor with boiled rice, cereals or any pasta. Simple and tasteful!
Enjoy your meal!
- Such a salad can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days, after packing it in an airtight container or any other tightly closed dishes.
- Instead of sunflower oil, you can use any other vegetable oil.
- If desired, the salad can be supplemented with finely chopped onions or green onions, fresh lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, as well as fresh greens of dill, parsley or cilantro.
- Lemon can be replaced with lime.