Ingredients for making Austrian salad
- Chicken eggs (hard boiled) 6 pieces
- Hard cheese 100 grams
- Sardine (canned in oil) 1 can
- Onion 1 piece (small)
- The frozen oil of 100 grams
- Mayonnaise (fat) 400-500 milliliters
- Main Ingredients: Sardine, Onion, Eggs, Butter
- Serving 1 serving
- World cuisineAustrian cuisine
Stove, Casserole, Grater, Canned key, Plate - 5 pieces, Dining fork, Paper kitchen towels, Deep glass pail with a lid, Tablespoon, Refrigerator
Cooking Austrian Salad:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
Hard boiled eggs are peeled, washed under cold running water from debris and dried with paper kitchen towels. Then we separate the proteins from the yolks and rub them on a fine grater on separate plates. We wash and dry the grater, it will still be needed.
Now, using the canned wrench, open the jar of sardine and drain the liquid from it. Then we transfer the fish to a plate, remove large bones from it and knead the pieces of sardine with a table fork until the consistency of gruel.
Then peel the onion, rinse it under cold running water, dry it with paper towels, put it on a cutting board and cut it into small cubes up to 4 - 5 millimeters in size. We shift the slices into a separate plate.
Cut off the paraffin crust from the hard cheese and rub it on a fine or medium grater into a clean plate. We also put frozen butter and mayonnaise on the kitchen table.
Step 2: form an Austrian salad.
Now we take a deep sudok and lay the salad into it in layers, applying mayonnaise to each layer. The first layer is grated protein.
The second layer is grated cheese.
The third layer is sardine.
The fourth layer is chopped onion.
The fifth layer is butter. Grate it over the onions!
The sixth and final layer is grated yolks; we do not lubricate them with mayonnaise.
After the salad has been fully formed, close the pike with a tight-fitting lid and put it in the refrigerator for couple of hoursbut better on all night long. During this time, the dish is saturated. After the right time, we decorate the salad to taste and serve it to the table.
Step 3: serve the Austrian salad.
The Austrian salad is served chilled to the first table as a snack. If desired, before serving, sprinkle its surface with chopped green onions, herbs or decorate as desired. Its taste resembles the famous Mimosa salad, but in a more delicate, one might say, sophisticated version. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- Hard boiled eggs are boiled for 10 to 12 minutes in salted and acidified water with vinegar. Then it is cooled in ice water, peeled and used for its intended purpose.
- Very often, instead of sardines, canned pink salmon or salmon without oil are used.
- At will, onions can be pickled for 10 - 15 minutes in order to remove its bitterness. For the marinade: 250 milliliters of hot water, a tablespoon of 9% vinegar and a tablespoon of sugar.
- Sometimes a layer of oil is sprinkled with chopped parsley or dill.