Ingredients for Beetroot Caviar
- Beets 2-3 pcs
- 2-3 carrots
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp. spoons
- Apple cider vinegar 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients Carrot, Beetroot
Blender, Knife, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Plate
Cooking beetroot caviar:
Step 1: Prepare beets and carrots.
Preparation of caviar begins with the preparation of vegetables. We carefully wash the beets and carrots under running water and peel them (it is convenient to do this with a special vegetable peeler). Then lay on a cutting board and cut into large pieces of about 4 - 5 cm.
Step 2: Grind the vegetables.
Put the beets with carrots in a clean blender bowl, close the lid, turn on the medium speed and chop. The pieces should be small enough and resemble caviar.
If you don’t have a blender, then you can simply grate the vegetables with small holes or try to cut them nicely with a knife.
Step 3: Fill caviar.
Gently shift the chopped vegetables into a beautiful plate and add vegetable oil with vinegar and salt to taste. Then mix thoroughly and leave to soak for 5-10 minutes.
Step 4: Serve beetroot caviar.
Soaked beetroot caviar can be served immediately as a snack or as an addition to hot dishes. Although, if you spread it on fragrant pieces of bread or toast, you will get tasty and very healthy sandwiches for breakfast for children and adults.
Enjoy your meal!
- If you like honey, then you can safely add it to beetroot caviar (1 teaspoon or to taste). If necessary, honey can be melted in advance.
- Apple cider vinegar can be replaced with wine or balsamic vinegar.
- It is best to use extra virgin olive oil as a vegetable oil.
- If you are not a big fan of raw vegetables, then chopped vegetables can be fried for about 5 minutes, along with garlic, and then add tomato paste and vinegar.