Ingredients for making Kalmyk tea
- Tea black 1.5 teaspoons
- Green tea 1.5 teaspoons
- Sugar 3 tablespoons
- Salt 2 teaspoons (no slide)
- Pasteurized whole milk (the fattest) 1 liter
- Butter 20-30 grams
- Purified water 1 liter
- Main ingredients: Milk, Butter, Tea
- Serving 8 servings
- World CuisineKalmyk Cuisine
Teaspoon, Measuring cup (for liquids), Tablespoon, Stove, Deep pan with lid (3 liter capacity), Kitchen towel, Ladle, Cup, Fine mesh strainer
Preparation of Kalmyk tea:
Step 1: make tea.
We put on a medium fire a deep saucepan with a liter of purified water. Bring the liquid to a slight boil (but not to a boil!) And immediately pour in it two types of tea - black and green.
There we put salt, sugar and mix with a tablespoon until a homogeneous consistency.
Then, without ceasing to interfere, pour the pasteurized whole milk into the pan. Again, bring the resulting mixture to a boil, but not to a boil!
After that, immediately remove the pan from the stove, put it on the countertop and add a piece of butter to it almost ready for tea.
Re-mix all the components of the drink until smooth, cover the pan with a lid and infuse the tea for 4 - 5 minutes. Then, helping ourselves with a ladle, pour it through a sieve with a fine mesh into cups or deep bowls and serve to the table.
Step 2: serve Kalmyk tea.
Kalmyk tea is served hot. By tradition, the owner of the house presents the first portion of the drink to the guest. This tea is very nutritious, after which the body does not feel hunger for a long time. Therefore, it is prescribed to people who lead a sporty lifestyle or adhere to a milk diet. It is also useful for nursing mothers - the drink increases the amount of breast milk, gives more strength and energy. Its taste is sweet-salty, with a pronounced aroma and flavor of the "tea mixture". Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- If you have a special tea with the name "Kalmyk Tea", then you can use it instead of two types of ordinary tea leaves.
- Sometimes ground nutmeg is put in this tea, it is added to the drink along with milk.
- If you use fresh cow's milk, it is advisable to boil it, cool it and then introduce it into an almost ready tea.
- Sometimes, along with milk, liquid cream is added in a ratio of 1: 1, that is, 500 ml of both products.