Sour Cream Sauce Ingredients
- Sour cream 1 cup
- A decoction of vegetable 0.5 cups
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Sifted wheat flour 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients: Oil, Sour cream, Flour
- Serving 1 serving
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Stove, Glass (capacity 200 milliliters), Honeycomb spoon, Stewpan with a lid, Silicone kitchen spatula (or wooden), Whisk, Gravy boat
Preparation of sour cream sauce:
Step 1: fry the flour.
We put on a medium fire a small stewpan (or saucepan) and put the right amount of butter in it.
In 1 - 2 minutes pour the sifted wheat flour into the melted butter and fry it until light yellow, stirring with a silicone (or wooden) kitchen spatula.
Step 2: bring the sauce to full readiness.
Then pour the vegetable broth into the stewpan. We mix it with a whisk with fried flour to a homogeneous consistency without lumps. Bring the resulting mixture to a boil (but not to a boil!).
Immediately after that we add sour cream to it, taste the salt and again thoroughly mix everything until smooth. Reduce the temperature of the stove to low heat and boil the sauce 5 to 10 minutes stirring constantly.
Cooking time depends on the desired density that you want to add to your dish. After cooking, remove the stewpan from the stove, put it on the countertop, cover with a lid and let the "aromatic mixture" infuse 2 - 3 minutes.
Then we act on request: either we serve the sauce with meat main dishes hot, or serve it cold along with hot or cold appetizers.
Step 3: serve the sour cream sauce.
Sour cream sauce is served in gravy boats, after sprinkling each serving of "snow-white mass" with a thin layer of black pepper. It is served hot with dishes of meat, poultry, game or fish. Very often this sauce is supplemented with hot or cold snacks. Tasty, fast and inexpensive!
Enjoy your meal!
- Instead of a vegetable broth, you can use meat broth.
- If desired, along with sour cream in a stewpan, you can add such dried spices as black pepper, basil, dill, parsley, paprika, hot pepper flakes, garlic. Also very often put passivated onions, fresh herbs in it.
- To give the sauce an acidity, you can add a little dry white wine or tomato paste to it, which, in addition to the taste, will give a beautiful soft pink hue.