Ingredients for making ribs with prunes
- Pork ribs 1 kg
- Onion 1 pc
- Prunes 100 g
- Red pepper 1 pc
- Hot red pepper 1 pc
- Ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Spices to taste
- Refined vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Butter 20 g
- Dry white wine 1/2 cup
- Main Ingredients: Pork, Onion, Pepper, Prune, White Wine
Inventory:Cutting board, Knife, Frying pan with high sides, Shovel, Small plate - 2 amount, Bowl or salad bowl, Paper napkins or dish towel
Cooking ribs with prunes:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.
We do not have many ingredients and the preparation is not complicated. It is best to start with prunes. While you will be engaged in onions, peppers and ribs, he will just get quite wet. Wash prunes and fill with cold water, leave for 15-20 minutes.
Peel the onion and cut into rings or half rings, transfer to a plate.
Cut the tail of the pepper, remove the seeds and cut in any way convenient for you, transfer to a plate. Do the same with hot pepper.
Cut the ribs into portions, wash and pat dry with paper towels or a kitchen paper towel. We leave them on a cutting board.
Step 2: Prepare the ribs with prunes.
So, all the ingredients we have prepared. Pour vegetable oil into the pan and send to heat on medium heat. You need a good frying pan with high sides and a thick bottom. While the pan is warming, sprinkle the ribs with salt and black pepper, preferably freshly ground, and even better with a mixture of peppers. Rub salt and pepper well into the meat.
The ribs were prepared, and the pan, along with the vegetable oil, was already heated. It's butter time. We put it in a pan and after a minute we spread the ribs until the oil starts to burn. Why add butter and is it needed at all? Even if you have a wonderful frying pan with a non-stick coating, it is not possible to fry meat well without fat, especially if it is not greasy. And so you get juicy and ruddy ribs, and the taste of butter is only good for him.
Fry the ribs for about 10 minutesuntil golden brown. Add onion and pepper, mix and fry over low heat for about 5-7 minutes to onion transparency.
Add prunes (if you want, you can cut it beforehand) and pour in white wine, add spices, for example, sun hop hops are good. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 20-30 minutes until ready.
Step 3: Serve the ribs with prunes.
Serve the ribs with the prunes hot. Vegetables and prunes themselves are a good side dish. Suitable greens, fresh salad, mashed potatoes. Very tasty with baked potatoes.
Enjoy your meal!
- Prunes can be chopped with a blender and added as mashed potatoes. Then the amount of liquid needs to be slightly increased - add half a glass of hot water. It will turn out a very tasty and original sauce, and the ribs will be even more tender and tastier.
- Another option: we fry the ribs separately until tender, if you want a delicious crust, not a stew; fry onions and peppers, add prunes, white wine and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Put fried ribs and a side dish with prunes, onions and peppers on a plate.