Ingredients for making risotto marinara
- Rice Acquerello or Arborio 100 grams
- Olive oil 20 milliliters
- Squid peeled chopped 50 grams
- Octopus peeled 50 grams
- Fresh mussels (without shell) 120 grams
- Fresh Wongole clams (without shell) 100 grams
- King or tiger prawns fresh 40 grams
- Fresh parsley 1 small bunch
- Tomato sauce 50 grams
- Dry white wine 40 milliliters
- Mini cuttlefish peeled fresh 30 grams
- Broth to taste
- Main Ingredients: Shrimp, Squid, Mussels and Scallops, Octopus, Rice
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Deep pan or cauldron with lid, Wooden spatula, Serving dish, Colander, Deep plate, Cutting board, Knife, Kitchen stove, Plate
Making risotto marinara:
Step 1: prepare seafood.
We spread the shrimp on a cutting board and clean it from the shell and head with clean hands.
After that, put them in a colander and add all the seafood to the same container. We wash everything well under running water and set it aside so that excess liquid from the glass components. At the end, we shift the seafood into a deep plate and set aside.
Step 2: prepare the parsley.
We wash the parsley under running water, shake off excess liquid by weight and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, finely chop the greens and after - transfer it to a free plate.
Step 3: prepare the marinara risotto.
In fact, the marinara risotto is a very simple dish to make. But how delicious and aromatic it is. So, pour olive oil into the pan and put the container on medium heat. When the oil warms up well, put all the seafood and finely chopped parsley in the pan. From time to time, stirring everything with a wooden spatula, fry until tender golden color.
Then pour the rice into the pan, again mix everything well and 2-3 minutes pass all together. Attention: if you use the rice indicated in the recipe, then it does not need to be washed in advance under running water.
After that, pour white dry wine into the container and, occasionally stirring with the improvised equipment, prepare the risotto until the alcoholic beverage has evaporated. Now pour the broth into the dish in small portions, while stirring with a spatula. Important: pour the broth liquid not all at once, but as necessary. In 7-10 minutes until ready, add tomato sauce to the risotto, mix everything again and wait until the rice finally becomes soft and crumbly.
Immediately after that, turn off the burner, and cover the pan tightly with a lid so that the dish can be infused for another 10 minutes.
Step 4: serve the marinara risotto.
When the marinara risotto is infused, we shift it with a wooden spatula to a special flat plate and can serve it to the dining table. This dish is very hearty, so you can offer guests only buns or bread. And so they enjoy risotto with a glass of wine or a bottle of beer.
- If the seafood is frozen, then before you cook the risotto, you need to defrost them. To do this, put them in a separate container and set aside. Ingredients should go to room temperature on their own. Never defrost them under running hot water or in the microwave.
- In order not to collect all the seafood separately, you can buy ready-made packaging in the supermarket, which can also be called, like the dish, “Marinara”.
- If you didn’t find suitable rice at hand, do not be discouraged, as you can replace it with long-grain white rice. In this case, it is best to rinse it thoroughly in advance, and then dry it on paper kitchen towels.
- In the risotto, if desired, you can not add parsley. Instead, you can add fresh Bulgarian pepper, straws, chopped carrots with onions and even green peas to the dish.