Ingredients for making the cake "Tears of an Angel"
For the basics:
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Baking powder for dough 1 teaspoon
- Butter 80 grams
- Sugar 2 tablespoons
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Curd 500 grams
- Sugar 0.5 cup
- Egg yolk 3 pieces
- Semolina 1 tablespoon
- Sour cream 25% fat or cream thick (homemade) 100 grams
- Vanilla on the tip of a knife
- Egg white 3 pieces
- Icing sugar 3 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Cottage Cheese, Shortbread Dough
- Serving 10 Servings
Bowl - 2 pieces, Knife, Medium bowl, Sieve, Mixer or hand whisk, Small bowl - 2 pieces, Food wrap, Refrigerator, Blender, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Bakeware, Oven, Kitchen gloves, Serving dish
Cooking Cake "Tears of an Angel":
Step 1: prepare the flour mixture.
To make the dough tender, sift the flour. Therefore, pour it in small portions into a sieve, stirring with a tablespoon, sift into a medium bowl. From time to time we add a baking powder so that it mixes with flour. In addition, we will save the dough from lumps.
Step 2: prepare the egg-sugar mixture.
Break the egg into a small bowl and pour sugar. Using a mixer or a hand whisk, beat everything until a homogeneous mass is formed. Attention: when using the first inventory, be sure to beat the mass at low speed for 1-2 minutesso that the mixture is not sprayed in all directions.
Step 3: prepare the test basis.
In a medium bowl with a dry flour mixture, spread the chilled butter. Using a knife, we chop everything carefully until a homogeneous mixture is formed. After that, we pour the egg-sugar mixture into the container and again mix everything well until smooth. You can do this with clean, dry hands or with a tablespoon. Knead the dough until a dense homogeneous state.
After that, we wrap it in cling film and put it in the refrigerator to cool for 30 minutes.
Step 4: prepare the egg yolk with protein.
Using a knife, gently break the egg shell in the middle and, pouring the egg mass from one part of the shell to another, slowly separate the yolk from the protein into different free bowls. Attention: so that the protein beats better, put it in the refrigerator for now to cool.
Step 5: prepare the filling.
In the blender bowl we spread such ingredients as cottage cheese, sugar, egg yolks, semolina, sour cream or cream and always vanilla on the tip of the knife. At medium speed, beat everything until a homogeneous mass is formed. Attention: the mass must come out without curd lumps.
Step 6: prepare the egg whites.
We get the squirrels from the refrigerator and pour them into the mixer bowl. At medium speed, beat in a strong foam and immediately after that we proceed to cooking the souffle until the foam has settled.
Step 7: prepare the souffle.
We continue to whisk the proteins and gradually begin to pour powdered sugar into the mixer. We should get a homogeneous rather thick mixture. Attention: be sure to whip everything at medium speed.
Step 8: prepare the "Tears of an Angel" cake.
We take out the chilled dough from the refrigerator, release it from the cling film and put it in a baking dish. With clean, dry hands, we begin to crush the dough and stretch it all over the base of the container, while creating low sides. Important: the thickness of the test layer should be no more than 0.5 centimeters.
Now we pour the curd filling on the surface of the test layer and spread the surface with a tablespoon of it. We put the baking dish in the oven and bake the cake at a temperature 180 ° C about 20-30 minutes. After the allotted time with the help of kitchen tacks, we take out the form from the oven and spread it on the baking surface of the souffle. We spread it with a tablespoon all over the cake and put it back in the oven to bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
Important: Do not over-hold the cake, otherwise tears may not form on its surface. Immediately after cooking, turn off the oven, open the door and leave everything in such a state that the baking gradually cools down. Attention: the souffle may drop a little, do not worry, it should be so. Upon expiration 40 minutes with the help of kitchen tacks, put the baking dish with the cake to the side and let it cool a little more.
Literally through 1-1.5 hours on the surface of the souffle honey tears will begin to appear. And then it’s possible to bring this miracle to the dessert table.
Step 9: serve the "Tears of an Angel" cake.
We shift the cake "Tears of an Angel" on a serving dish, cut it into portioned pieces and serve as dessert with tea or coffee. Baking is very tasty, tender and just melts in your mouth.
- For a perfect cake, baking should stand for 5-6 hours in a cooled oven with a closed door. And at best, all night. Then, on the surface of the cake, tears will definitely appear and surprise all guests, without exception, with their originality.
- For the preparation of cottage cheese fillings, it is best to use cottage cheese with 9% fat, then the mass will turn out not to be thick and moderately oily, and therefore quite airy.
- If you didn’t have a blender at hand, do not be discouraged, as the filling can also be prepared using other equipment. To do this, carefully knead the cottage cheese with a fork to a uniform consistency and preferably without lumps. After that, beat egg yolks with sugar in a separate container with a whisk until smooth. Then add vanilla and mix well again. And now we add semolina and sour cream to the curd mass, mix everything thoroughly and then pour whipped egg yolks with sugar a little bit. We continue to whip everything with a tablespoon or a hand whisk until smooth. Everything, the filling is ready. The process takes longer, but the result is the same.