Stuffed Pepper Ingredients
- Minced meat (assorted pork and beef) 850 g
- Sweet pepper 1 kg
- Carrot 2 pcs
- Bow 3 pcs
- Rice 150 g
- Greens to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp. spoons
- Main Ingredients: Beef, Pork, Pepper
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Large pan, Knife, teaspoon, Cooker, Cutting board, Grater, Tablespoon, Plates, Medium pan
Cooking Stuffed Peppers:
Step 1: Prepare the peppers.We thoroughly wash the sweet peppers under running water, carefully cut the tail with the seeds with a knife, rinse the peppers again and transfer to a large plate or bowl.
Step 2: Grind the vegetables.
We clear the onion from the husk, rinse it under cold running water, put it on a cutting board and grind it with a small cube (5 - 8 mm). 2/3 put on a clean plate, and leave the rest on the board.
We wash the carrots under running water, peel and chop. The most convenient and easiest way is to grater with large holes, although if you masterfully own a knife, you can beautifully chop the carrots. Now again visually measure 2/3 of the part and put it on the bow to the bow.
We wash the greens (in our case parsley) under running water, shake off excess liquid over the sink and finely chop on a cutting board.
Step 3: Prepare the filling.
If you have the right amount of boiled rice, then you can safely add it to the filling, if not, you have to boil it in advance. So, we wash it under running water, pour it into a pan and fill it with clean water. We are waiting for the liquid to boil and cook the rice for 7-10 minutes until half-ready. Then we turn off the fire and drain the water.
Put the minced meat in a bowl, pour the vegetables (carrots, onions) from the plate.
Add rice, salt, black pepper and herbs.
Mix everything thoroughly until smooth.
Step 4: Stuffing PeppersNow we arm ourselves with a teaspoon and lay the filling in peeled peppers. Stuffing too tightly is not necessary, otherwise peppers may burst during cooking.
Step 5: Cook Stuffed Peppers.We put the peppers tightly in each other in a large saucepan, pour clean water so that it does not reach the filling, sprinkle 1/3 of the onion and carrot on top. Add vegetable oil with salt and put the pan on medium heat. Bring the liquid to a boil. Then we reduce the heat to a minimum and cook until fully cooked approximately 30 - 40 minutes.
Step 6: Serve stuffed peppers.Stuffed peppers are served hot together with the broth in which they are cooked. Sour cream is traditionally served with them, although any other sauce will also suit your taste, for example, tomato, cheese or homemade mayonnaise. Such a tasty dish does not require additional side dishes, because it turns out to be quite satisfying.
Enjoy your meal!
- Before stuffing peppers, the filling can be fried in a pan with vegetable oil for about 5 - 7 minutes or separately fry vegetables.
- The ratio of rice and minced meat in the filling can be changed to your own taste, as well as replacing rice with buckwheat.
- Together with black pepper, you can add thyme, oregano or other aromatic spices to your filling to taste.
- In a pan with stuffed peppers and water, you can add peeled, chopped tomatoes or tomato juice, as well as meat broth or a couple of spoons of sour cream.