Ingredients for making kefir biscuit
- Butter 100 g
- Egg 3 pcs
- Flour 2 cups
- Sugar 1 cup
- Kefir 1 cup
- Vanilla Sugar 1/2 tsp
- Salt pinch
- Table vinegar for quenching soda
- Soda 1/2 tsp
- Main ingredients Eggs, Kefir, Butter, Flour, Sugar
- Serving 8 servings
Bowl - 2 pcs, Mixer or whisk, Tablespoon, Tea spoon, Sieve, Bakeware, Baking parchment, Oven
Cooking sponge cake on kefir:
Step 1: Cook the kefir sponge cake.
For biscuit we need butter, which, of course, can be replaced with cream margarine. It is possible, but not necessary.
Such savings will not change the taste of the biscuit for the better. Ideally, we take butter with a fat content of 82%.
It is advisable to remove oil, eggs and kefir from the refrigerator in advance so that they warm to room temperature. The flour needs to be sifted so that it is saturated with oxygen - such a simple technique improves the rise of the biscuit during baking.
Beat eggs, sugar and softened butter until smooth.
Add the flour, soda (it must first be extinguished in a small container), salt, vanilla sugar and mix thoroughly.
Pour kefir and mix again. The result should be a dough of medium density, slightly thicker than the pancakes.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Cover the baking dish with parchment to make the finished biscuit easier to remove. Put the dough in the mold and smooth the surface.
Bake a kefir biscuit approximately 30-40 minutes. To check the readiness, stick it in the center with a toothpick - if dry, then the biscuit is ready and can be removed from the oven; if not, put it back in the oven for about 5 minutes, and then repeat the readiness check.
Remove the biscuit from the mold and leave to cool on the wire rack. That's all, the kefir sponge cake is ready.
Step 2: Serve the kefir sponge cake.
Transfer the kefir sponge cake to a suitable dish, cut into pieces and serve with tea or coffee. Before serving, you can sprinkle the biscuit with powdered sugar to make it look more beautiful, but you can not sprinkle if there is no powder, it will still be delicious.
Enjoy your meal!
- How to make kefir biscuit even tastier? Very simple: you can add coconut flakes, zest of orange or lemon, candied fruit, raisins, nuts, dried apricots - separately or all together; sponge cake can be poured with hot chocolate or sugar icing. As a result, from a simple home-made baking, a biscuit will turn into a work of confectionery art.
- Kefir can be replaced with non-sweet yogurt, then the taste of the biscuit will be more delicate, and if you increase the amount of oil to 150-200 grams, the crumb of the biscuit will turn out to be more crumbly, but the calorie content will also increase.
- Kefir sponge cake can be used as a base for a cake.