Chocolate Plum Jam Ingredients
- Ripe plums 500 grams (seedless weight)
- Sugar 250-350 grams
- Water 100 grams
- Bitter Chocolate (70-90%) 50 grams
- Main Ingredients Plum, Cocoa and Chocolate, Sugar
Saucepan, kitchen knife, cutting board, wooden spoon, glass jars with lids, ladle.
Making plum jam with chocolate:
Step 1: Prepare the plums.
Rinse the plums properly, removing all debris. Cut each in half and remove the stone. Optionally, you can cut the plums even finer to make the consistency of the jam more homogeneous, and whoever wants the hotel pieces of fruit to float in thick chocolate syrup, only cut the plums into halves.
Step 2: Cook plum jam with chocolate.
First, prepare the syrup, for this, pour the right amount of water into the pan, pour the granulated sugar there and bring everything to a boil. Sugar should be completely dissolved.
When the syrup is ready, dip the previously prepared plums into it. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to the minimum. Stir occasionally while boiling the plums for 20 minutes.
After the specified time, send the chocolate broken into slices to the plums in syrup. Keep cooking more 10 minutes. And to make sure that the chocolate has dissolved, mix your jam 2-3 times in the process.
When the plum jam with chocolate is ready, pour it into heated glass jars, cover tightly with lids and wrap it in kitchen towels or a blanket. When the cans with blanks have cooled, you can put them in a kitchen cabinet or pantry.
Attention: do not eat jam right away, let it brew for at least one week.
Step 3: Serve plum jam with chocolate.
The plum jam with chocolate is thick enough to cook various pastries with it or add it to the cream for the cake. But in itself, it has a bright taste and aroma, so you can not especially be smart, but just serve it along with croissants or just slices of bread for tea.
Enjoy your meal!
- You can also add 1 teaspoon of cognac or 50 grams of crushed walnuts, almonds or hazelnuts to the jam to taste. Add it all you need at the same time with chocolate.
- To enhance the aroma, you can add vanilla or chocolate flavor to the jam.
- From this amount of ingredients, 500 milliliters of finished plum jam with chocolate is obtained.