Ingredients for making cottage cheese casserole with semolina
- Curd 500 grams
- Sugar 150 grams
- Chicken egg 2 pieces (large) or 3 pieces (small)
- Sour cream (at least 25% fat) 50 grams
- Baking soda half a teaspoon
- Semolina 8 tablespoons (each with a slide)
- Vanilla Sugar 1 sachet
- Salt pinch
- Raisins 50 grams (optional)
- Purified water approximately 300 milliliters
- Butter (for the form) 25 grams
- Icing sugar according to desire and taste
- Main ingredients: Cottage cheese, Sour cream, Semka, Sugar
- Serving 8 servings
- World Cuisine
Kettle, Stove, Paper kitchen towels, Deep plate - 2 pieces, Deep bowl, Mixer (blender or food processor), Oven, Round heat-resistant baking dish (diameter 32 centimeters), Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Metal spatula, Kitchen gloves , Cutting board, Fine sieve, Knife, Kitchen spatula, Plate
Cooking cottage cheese casseroles with semolina:
Step 1: Prepare Raisins
First of all, we warm the kettle with purified water. Then we put raisins in a deep plate and pour it with boiling water so that the liquid is higher than the level of dried fruits by 1.5 - 2 centimeters.
We leave raisins in this form on 3 to 4 hours, then drain the water, dip it with paper kitchen towels, send the dried fruits to a dry deep plate and immediately proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare the dough.
Put the right amount of cottage cheese in a deep bowl. Add chicken eggs, sour cream, sugar, vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt there.
Thoroughly mix these products to a homogeneous consistency with a mixer, food processor or submersible blender.
Then we add raisins, 6 tablespoons of semolina and baking soda to the resulting mass.
Re-mix all the components of the dough with a tablespoon until smooth.
Let him insist for 15 - 20 minutes in order for semolina to swell, and soda to react with acidic sour cream.
Step 3: prepare the oven and baking dish.
Meanwhile, turn on and preheat the oven up to 180 degrees Celsius.
The form in which the dessert will be baked is lubricated with a thin layer of butter and sprinkle its bottom with a tablespoon of semolina.
Step 4: we form and bake a cottage cheese casserole with semolina.
In 15 - 20 minutes we shift the cottage cheese and semolina dough into the prepared form, level its surface with a metal kitchen spatula and sprinkle with a tablespoon of semolina. A layer of semolina on the surface of the dough is needed so that during baking the casserole is covered with a golden, crispy crust.
Put the form with the dough in a preheated oven and bake dessert for 40 - 45 minutes.
Then we put on kitchen gloves in our hands, we take out the form from the oven and put it on a cutting board, previously laid on the kitchen table.
Let the cottage cheese casserole cool down a bit.
Step 5: bring the dessert to full readiness.
Then sprinkle it with a thin layer of icing sugar through a sieve with a fine mesh.
Cut the dishes into portions and arrange them on dessert plates with a kitchen spatula. If desired, we serve each portion of the casserole with fruits, berries, nuts, any cream or melted chocolate, and serve to a sweet table.
Step 6: serve the cottage cheese casserole with semolina.
Curd casserole with semolina served warm or at room temperature. It is pleasant to relish it with fresh only brewed tea, coffee, warm fresh milk or hot cocoa. Enjoy delicious and simple pastries!
Enjoy your meal!
- Vanilla sugar can be replaced with pure vanilla on the tip of a knife or a teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- In addition to raisins, you can put soaked dried apricots, prunes, dried bananas, strawberries, cherries or figs in the dough.
- Instead of sour cream, you can use cream with a high degree of fat content.
- If you are not sure about your baking dish and are afraid that the casserole will burn, it is better to cover it with baking paper and then transfer the dough into it.
- What if the cottage cheese is very dry? It is better to grind it through a sieve with a fine mesh or grind it using an immersion blender and then combine with other products!