Ingredients for Cooking Stuffed Green Tomatoes for the Winter
- Tomatoes green or pink 1.5 kilograms
- Fresh greens (celery, parsley, dill) 200 grams
- Garlic 5-6 cloves
- Carrot 1 piece (medium)
- Bulgarian red pepper 1 piece
- Chili pepper 2 pods (small)
For marinade (per 1 liter of water)
- Pure water 1 liter
- Apple cider vinegar 9% 75 grams
- Bay leaf 2 pieces
- Allspice 8-10 peas
- Black pepper 6 peas
- Coriander 1 tablespoon
- Salt 2.5 tablespoons
- Honey (can be replaced with sugar) 3 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients Tomato
Saucepan, ladle, sterilized glass jars with lids, kitchen towels, a kitchen knife, cutting board, a tablespoon, a wide funnel, a deep plate.
Cooking stuffed green tomatoes for the winter:
Step 1: prepare tomatoes and other ingredients.
First prepare all the ingredients. Rinse tomatoes, dry. Rinse the greens with warm running water, get rid of thick stems, and crumble the leaves very finely, leaving a couple in the whole form for decoration. Peel the garlic cloves and chop finely with a knife. Rinse the carrots, peel and cut into thin slices, for beauty you can in the form of flowers, like mine. Rinse bell pepper and chili pepper, peel and cut into small cubes.
In a deep bowl, mix chopped greens, garlic, sweet red pepper, and chili peppers.
Step 2: stuff the green tomatoes.
Take one tomato, make a cross-shaped incision on it from the side where the fruit has a seal left in place of the stem. Carefully open the vegetable with your hands and put in it a mixture of herbs, garlic and peppers. Close and squeeze lightly with your hand. Begin with all the tomatoes.
Arrange the finished tomatoes in glass jars, alternating with whole leaves of herbs and thin slices of carrots. Vegetables should lie tight to each other.
Step 3: prepare the marinade.
Pour the required amount of water into the pan, add salt, honey, allspice, black pepper, bay leaves and dried coriander. Put the marinade on the fire and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 1-2 minutesand then remove it from the heat and pour apple cider vinegar right there. Stir and continue to the next step while the marinade is still very hot.
Step 4: we prepare stuffed green tomatoes for the winter.
Pour the marinade just removed from the stove into jars of stuffed tomatoes so that the vegetables are completely submerged. And so that the glass does not burst, and the tomatoes are not scalded strongly, slightly tilt the jar and pour the marinade along its edge with a thin stream.
Cover the filled cans with a lid and wrap with a towel. Let the tomatoes cool somewhere during the day, and then they can be hidden in a dark place or in the refrigerator.
Step 5: serve stuffed green tomatoes for the winter.
Stuffed green tomatoes can be tasted in 20 hours to evaluate the taste of the beauty that you have. But it turns out, in my opinion, very cool! What is needed for any feast, guests will be delighted. Most importantly, do not eat everything yourself before the onset of the first cold weather.
Enjoy your meal!
- You can also cut the tomatoes in half, but not cutting to the end so that they open with a booklet, remove the pulp from one side and put the filling in, and then close and continue cooking according to the recipe.
- The recipe for the marinade is based on 1 liter of water, and the filling is calculated on the basis of 1.5 kilograms of tomato, so you can make either more or less preparations, reducing or increasing the number of ingredients, but keeping their proportions in relation to each other.
- In order to calculate the required amount of water, and, accordingly, how many other ingredients are needed, pour the already stuffed tomatoes with a measuring glass, remember the volume, and then drain the water from them into the pan and cook the marinade.