Ingredients for Making Orange Cream
- Sugar 150 grams
- Sifted wheat flour 2 tablespoons
- Orange zest 2 tablespoons
- Orange juice 100 milliliters
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoons
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Cream (minimum fat content 33%) 100 grams
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Orange, Cream
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Tablespoon, Kitchen scale, Kitchen towel, Deep bowl - 2 - 3 pieces, Cooker, Mixer, Whisk, Cutting board, Plastic wrap, Refrigerator, Wooden kitchen spatula, Creamer
Cooking Orange Cream:
Step 1: prepare the cream.
Pour the right amount of cream into a deep bowl and place it under the clean mixer blades. We turn on the kitchen appliance at medium speed and beat the milk product to steady peaks. This process should be treated with all the attention! the main thing - do not whip creamotherwise they curl up, and the cream will not work. When they get the desired air texture, we tighten the bowl with the whipped snow-white mass of plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator until the cream is used.
Step 2: prepare the orange cream.
Now we take a small saucepan, put sugar, sifted wheat flour and orange zest in it. Pour in the orange juice, lemon juice and add the egg without the shell.
Mix the ingredients with a whisk until a smooth consistency without flour lumps. Then put the pan on medium heat and cook the resulting mixture until thickened, stirring continuously.
When the texture of the cooking mixture begins to resemble a dough of medium density (like pancakes), remove the saucepan from the stove and put it on a cutting board previously laid on the kitchen table.
On the surface of a clean deep bowl we install a sieve with a fine mesh. Pour the orange mass into it, wipe it with a wooden kitchen spatula and cool to room temperature. After we tighten the bowl with plastic wrap and put the orange mixture in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
After the required time has passed, we combine the chilled cream with the orange mass in one bowl and mix them until a homogeneous consistency. We tighten the bowl with the finished cream again with a film, put it in the refrigerator 10 - 15 minutes and then use it as intended.
Step 3: serve the orange cream.
After cooking, cool the orange cream. Then they are used to decorate any desserts: cakes, biscuit rolls, cakes, muffins, pies and other goodies. Very often it is simply laid out in ice-cream vases or ice-cream bowls, and supplemented with fruits, berries, puff pastries, cookies or waffles.
Enjoy your meal!
- Orange cream is stored in the refrigerator for a maximum of 4 to 5 days. After, its palatability loses its freshness.
- The total mass of the resulting cream ranges from 400 to 550 grams, it all depends on the quality of the cream and the degree of boiling of the orange mixture.
- But this is quite enough for a cake with a diameter of 23 centimeters, which will consist of two cakes, or for any other dessert.
- It is better to cook the orange mixture in a cast-iron cauldron or in a non-stick pan with a thick bottom.
- Instead of sugar, you can use powdered sugar.
- Fresh citrus juices can be replaced with concentrated juices of the same fruits.