Lean Wafer Ingredients
- Wheat flour 2 cups (without slide)
- Sugar 2/3 cup
- Vanilla Sugar 1 sachet (15 grams)
- Salt pinch
- Refined vegetable oil 100 milliliters per dough and about 30 milliliters for greasing a waffle iron
- Purified water (room temperature) 350 milliliters
- Baking soda 1/3 teaspoon
- Table vinegar 9% 1 tablespoon
- Main ingredients Flour, Sugar
- Portion30 Servings
- World Cuisine
A glass (capacity of 250 milliliters), a tablespoon, a teaspoon, an old-style electric waffle iron, a sieve with a fine mesh, a whisk, a mixer, a ladle, a kitchen towel, a kitchen knife, a wooden kitchen spatula, a cutting board, a large flat dish or a dessert serving plate.
Cooking lean waffles:
Step 1: prepare the dough.
To begin with, with the help of a sieve with a fine mesh, we sift into a deep dry bowl the right amount of wheat flour, preferably of the highest grade. Then we add salt and two types of sugar to it: ordinary sand, and also vanilla. Carefully loosen these products with a whisk to a homogeneous consistency and pour the odorless refined vegetable oil into the resulting mixture. Rub it all with clean fingers, so that it turns out a greasy, slightly loose crumb.
Then we pour the purified water of room temperature into the same bowl, gently shake everything until smooth and then beat with a mixer at high speeds. The result should be a thick dough, something like a pancake, reminiscent of sour cream in consistency.
Step 2: bake the waffles.
When the semi-finished flour product is ready, we install an electric waffle iron on the table, better than the old model. We plug the plug of the kitchen appliance into a socket and heat it to the maximum. After that, using a baking brush, grease the metal inner plates of the waffle iron with a thin layer of vegetable oil, this will need to be done after baking each product so that they do not burn and delaminate during the whole process. As soon as the kitchen appliance has warmed up to the desired temperature, pour a little more than half of the seventy-millimeter ladle of the dough onto its bottom plate.
Cover it with a lid and fry the waffle about three to four minutes.
After that, gently pry one of its ends with a wooden kitchen spatula, put it on a cutting board and, if you are going to cook the tubes, immediately turn it off, not letting it cool, and if the cake, then leave it so round. Then, as already mentioned, we again process the metal plates with oil and in the same way we make the rest of the wafers until the dough is over.
Step 3: serve lean waffles.
Lenten waffles are a great dessert for the whole family. Immediately after cooking, they are either left whole round cakes in order to subsequently form a cake, or rolled up into cones or cones and filled with lean filling, for example, boiled condensed milk mixed with ground nuts, ice cream, custard without nameless cream or whatever you like. Savoring this yummy is pleasant with any fresh hot or cold drinks: tea, coffee, cocoa, compote, jelly, juice and many others. Cook with love and Fasting will be a joy!
Enjoy your meal!
- from the above amount of ingredients, 27-30 wafers are obtained;
- if the dough is stratified, it means either the waffle iron is poorly heated, or you bake flour products too quickly, hold them between the hot plates a little longer;
- it is better to form tubes and cones from hot waffles, and in order not to burn your fingers, you can use the cone that comes with the kitchen appliance, an ordinary not very wide knife or your golden handles, but dressed in gloves, although you can also use a kitchen towel ;
- An alternative to vanilla sugar is a liquid extract of this spice;
- if you keep not strict, but light fasting, then you can mix water with sour cream in a 1: 1 ratio, or even replace it with whole pasteurized or home-made boiled milk;
- Whatever you do, does the dough stick to the plates? Of course, it all depends on the quality of the kitchen appliance, if it is very old, then the semi-finished flour product will stick and exfoliate into two parts like pita, no matter how you heat and grease the waffle iron. In this case, high-quality parchment will help, cut two pieces from it to fit the size of the waffle iron and bake sweets between them. Of course, this process will take more time, but the taste of the dessert is worth it!