Ingredients for making celery stalk salad
Vegetables and greens:
- Potatoes 5-6 pieces (medium)
- Celery 4-5 pieces
- Canned corn (sugar) 1 can (480 grams)
- Onions 1 piece (medium)
- Dill 2-3 branches
- Green onion 4 feathers
- Kefir 4 tablespoons
- Mayonnaise 6 tablespoons
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients Potato, Corn, Celery
- Serving 4 servings
- World cuisine Romanian cuisine
Kitchen brush, Deep pan (1.5 liter capacity), Stove, Dining fork, Knife - 2 pieces, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Can opener, Paper kitchen towels, Deep plate, Deep bowl, Bowl, Table spoon, Salad bowl, Plate
Making celery stalk salad:
Step 1: prepare and cook potatoes.
Using a kitchen brush, rinse the right amount of potatoes under cold running water. We put the tubers in a deep saucepan without removing the skin from them, and fill it with water so that it is 5-7 centimeters higher than their level.
Then put the pan on medium heat. After boiling water, boil potatoes 20 - 25 mint. After the right time, check the readiness of the vegetable with a table fork; if it enters the tubers without pressure, the potato is ready. We shift it into a deep plate and allow it to cool to room temperature.
Step 2: prepare boiled potatoes and other vegetables.
When the potatoes have cooled, you can begin to prepare other vegetables. To begin with, using a can opener, open a jar of sugar corn. Drain the marinade from it and transfer the corn grains into a deep bowl. After that, peel the potato tubers from the skin. In turn, put them on a cutting board, cut into small cubes and send after the corn.
Then remove the husks from the onion. We wash it together with celery stalks, as well as greens under cold running water and dry the vegetables with paper kitchen towels. Alternately stack them on a cutting board and grind. Each celery stalk is cut lengthwise into 3-4 parts and cut into cubes up to 1 centimeter in size.
With onions we do the same, cut it into a cube, and chop the green onion finely. We send slices in a bowl with potatoes and corn.
Step 3: preparing a gas station.
Pour kefir and mayonnaise into a small bowl. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste. We put parsley there, having previously torn it into smaller pieces with your hands.
Stir the dressing with a tablespoon to a uniform consistency and proceed to the next step.
Step 4: bring the salad to full readiness.
Pour dressing in a bowl with vegetables and mix all the components of the salad until smooth. Then we taste the dish and, if necessary, add more salt and pepper. After that we transfer the finished salad to the salad bowl and serve it to the table.
Step 5: serve celery stalk salad.
Celery stalk salad is served at room temperature. It can be served as an independent dish or together with any other dishes as a supplement.
Such a salad is pleasant to relish along with dishes of chicken eggs, fish, poultry or meat. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- A set of spices can be supplemented with spices such as dried garlic, allspice, white pepper or marjoram.
- Very often, such products as boiled chicken eggs, canned peas, pickled mushrooms, boiled beans and blanched green beans (young) are added to this type of salad.
- Kefir can be replaced with sour cream, but you should not completely abandon sour-milk products. They give the finished salad a piquant sourness that mayonnaise cannot give.
- Sometimes cubes of fried potatoes are put in this type of salad, but from this its calorie content increases by 2–3 times.
- If the onion seems too sharp (sharp), you can replace it with leek.