Ingredients for Peking Salad with Pomegranate
- Peking cabbage 500 grams
- Pomegranate 1 piece (weight 300 grams)
- Parsley 1 bunch (weight 50 grams)
- Olive oil 1-2 tablespoons (40 milliliters)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice 1 teaspoon (15 milliliters)
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients: Cabbage, Pomegranate
- World Cuisine
A teaspoon, a tablespoon, a kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, kitchen tongs for mixing salads, a deep bowl, a serving plate.
Making a salad of Beijing cabbage with pomegranate:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
Such food may seem at least strange to someone because of an incomprehensible fruit and vegetable quibble, but believe me, it’s very nice to eat such a salad! So let's get started! First, take a small fresh fork of Chinese cabbage and thoroughly rinse it under trickles of cold running water along with grains and greens. Then we dry everything with paper kitchen towels, take turns sending to the cutting board and continue the preparation. Using a sharp kitchen knife, shred the cabbage across the straws 5-6 millimeters thick, although it can be thinner, as you like.
Finely chop the parsley, and cut the pomegranate into 2 halves and remove the grains from them. Next, lay out on the countertop the remaining ingredients that will be needed to prepare the dish, and proceed to the next, almost final step.
Step 2: prepare a salad of Beijing cabbage with pomegranate.
Put the Beijing cabbage in a deep bowl, gently shake it to taste with salt and very carefully, using special forceps, loosen it. After about 2-3 minutes, we send pomegranate seeds, chopped parsley, a little black pepper and olive oil to it. There we squeeze a teaspoon of lemon juice from a small lemon slice, again mix everything to a homogeneous consistency, distribute portions on plates and serve to the table.
Step 3: serve the Chinese cabbage salad with pomegranate.
Peking cabbage salad with pomegranate is served immediately after cooking at room temperature, it is not subject to long storage, so it is better to make it in small portions, such that you can eat immediately. This miracle is served in salad bowls or immediately in portions on plates as a complement to the first or second hot dishes of meat, poultry, fish and even game. Such a wonderful meal is recommended for use in case of anemia, heart defects, people suffering from diabetes mellitus, intestinal disorders and living in an area of high radiation.
Salad also consists of products, each of which brings its own benefits, for example, pomegranate is considered an antiviral and anti-inflammatory agent, it strengthens the skeletal system, nails, hair, improves appetite and normalizes intestinal microflora. Beijing cabbage contains components that tidy up the nervous system, removes toxins, relieves constipation and much more. In general, as you already understood, you can sing praises for a given miracle for a long time, but it’s better to cook and try, so enjoy and be healthy!
Enjoy your meal!
- the salad will turn out to be more satisfying if you season it not with olive oil, but with non-fat sour-milk yogurt without flavoring, thick homemade kefir, sour cream, in extreme cases, cream. For the same purpose, they put in it a little boiled until fully cooked seafood or any meat, rice, chicken eggs or walnuts;
- to make the dish more vitaminic, you can add grated sweet and sour apple, carrots, a couple of chopped tomatoes, julienne sweet peppers, onions, cucumber, canned corn, peas, celery stalks, leaves of any salad, and this only a few of the options available;
- an alternative to freshly squeezed lemon juice only - apple 6-% vinegar, black pepper - allspice, it is less spicy but more aromatic, and parsley - dill, cilantro, basil.