Ingredients for Making English Peppermint Sauce
- Mint 10 g
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Wine vinegar 3-4 tbsp. spoons
- Water 2 tbsp. spoons
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients Sugar, Mint
- World CuisineEnglish Cuisine
Inventory:Cup or plate, tablespoon, knife, cutting board
Making English Peppermint Sauce:
Step 1: Prepare the mint.
So, to make this fragrant sauce, boil clean water first. And while it is warming, we tear off all the leaves of mint from the stem. If necessary, you can rinse them carefully under running water.
Now we spread the leaves on a cutting board, look for the sharpest knife in the house and begin to cut into pieces of arbitrary shape about 1 centimeter.
Then sprinkle them with sugar and continue to grind.
We need to cut the leaves very finely, almost to a mushy state. Therefore, we pay special attention and time to this process.
Step 2: Season the mint leaves.
As soon as we get the texture we need, put the mint in a cup or a deep plate and add hot water (not boiling water). We leave it in this state for a maximum of 10 minutes. After we add vinegar, salt, mix thoroughly, taste and, if necessary, add a little more sugar. All the sauce is ready, you can serve.
Step 3: Serve the English mint sauce.
English mint sauce goes well with fried meat and is served with the finished dish. It can also be served with beans, such as peas or beans.
In any case, the sauce is very aromatic and tasty. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- Shallot perfectly complements this sauce, but you need to use it in small quantities, you can also add freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Traditionally, such a sauce is prepared with malt vinegar, but it is perfectly replaced by wine, with both red and white. But you can use rice.
- This sauce can be prepared two hours before serving.