Ingredients for Making Japanese Omelet with Fish
- 4 eggs
- Smoked salmon 50 g (4 slices)
- Cream cheese 100 g
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Main ingredients: Salmon, Eggs, Cheese
- Serving 2 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Cooker, Frying Pan, Cup, Bamboo Mat (Makisu), Food Wrap, Fork
Cooking Japanese omelet with fish:
Step 1: Prepare the cream cheese.
To make the omelet even tastier, prepare it with cream cheese. The cheese brand in this case does not play an important role, so we choose any one you like best. So, put the cream cheese in a deep plate or bowl. Add black ground pepper to your taste (you can use the spices presented in the tips or your favorite) and mix thoroughly with a tablespoon.
Next, we cover the bamboo mat with plastic wrap and put the cheese, by analogy with the rolls, wrap the cheese in a roll.
And put it in the refrigerator.
Step 2: Prepare the fish.
Now we prepare the fish so that it is easier to cook with the omelet and is more conveniently sliced in the finished dish, slightly fry it on both sides. To do this, turn on the medium heat on the stove and put the pan on the burner. If you do not have a non-stick pan, it’s best to grease a regular one with a little oil. After it warms up, put the fish slices and fry for literally 1 - 1.5 minutes on one side, then turn over with a kitchen spatula or chopsticks for sushi and prepare the other side for about the same.
Fried pieces of salmon are placed in a clean plate.
Step 3: Prepare the eggs.
Next, we wash the eggs under hot running water, since we have a dish designed for two servings, first we break two eggs. Add salt to them to taste and beat thoroughly with a fork.
Step 4: Fry the omelet.After which we put the pan over medium heat, pour a little vegetable oil, wait for it to warm up and pour the beaten eggs.
Next, we take the cheese sausage from the refrigerator and cut it in half along.
The egg pancake, while it is still raw, needs to be moved a little, then put half the cheese sausage, slices of salmon and use a kitchen spatula to roll the pancake into a roll or envelope.
Formed omelet carefully rotate to the other side and fry until fully cooked for another 2 minutes on low heat.
Now you can put it on a plate and cook a second portion.
Step 5: Serve a Japanese omelet with fish.Japanese omelet is served hot for breakfast or dinner. It can be supplemented with various vegetable salads, lemon slices, as well as bread toasts. Fragrant green tea or freshly squeezed juice will be great drinks for such an omelet.
Enjoy your meal!
- If you do not have a bamboo mat, then you can resort to the following method. True, it is somewhat complicated in that it will require a quick reaction from you, but it's worth a try. So, after we mixed the cheese with spices, we need to put it in the refrigerator for 10 - 15 minutes. Then it was time to get it and quickly roll it into a sausage (sausage) with your hands, until it had time to warm up from the warmth of your hands. Put on cling film and put back in refrigerator.
- Together with black pepper, you can use spices such as: basil, oregano, rosemary or thyme.
- Smoked salmon can be replaced with smoked trout.
- You can add a little soy sauce to your eggs to taste.