Ingredients for making tortillas with herbs in a pan
- Wheat flour 4 cups
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Purified water 1 cup
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Sugar 2 teaspoons
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Dill Greens 25 grams
- Parsley 25 grams
- Spinach 50 grams
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Ground paprika to taste
- Main ingredients: Spinach, Eggs, Flour
- World Cuisine
Frying pan, cling film, rolling pin, deep bowl, whisk, strainer, metal spatula, kitchen knife, cutting board.
Cooking cakes with greens in a pan:
Step 1: Knead the dough.
To prepare the dough for tortillas with greens, start by washing the dill and parsley with a stream of hot water. Do the same with spinach if you have it not frozen. Then shake the grass from excess water and chop into small pieces. You can do it with a knife, you can use a blender, if you have one.
Now pour in a deep bowl first 1 cup of flour, add the egg, salt, spices to taste and vegetable oil. Stir everything with a whisk, adding chopped greens as well. Now, gradually mix the resulting mass with flour. Do not forget to also sift the flour through a strainer. Knead the dough until it is steep enough to form a ball out of it. To do this, you may need less or more flour than indicated in the list of ingredients.
Step 2: Form the cakes.
Cover the working surface with cling film to avoid dough sticking, you can also sprinkle a little flour onto the countertop.
From the dough prepared for the flatbreads, pluck small pieces and form balls from them in the palms. Divide the entire mass into several such blanks.
Now, using a rolling pin, roll each ball into a pancake. Ready cake should be approximately 5-7 mm thick but no more. For convenience, you can also cover the blank with cling film so that the cake does not stick to the rolling pin and does not tear in the process.
Step 3: Fry the tortillas in a pan.
Heat a frying pan on the stove and add a very small amount of vegetable oil for frying. Cook cakes by 3-4 minutes on each side, gently prying and turning them over with a metal spatula. Once you fry all your culinary products, allow them to cool slightly, approximately 5-7 minutes before serving.
Step 4: Serve tortillas with herbs.
Serve ready-made cakes with greens slightly chilled as a substitute for bread or as an appetizer. You can take them for a picnic or serve them for an afternoon snack for children, they are happy to eat these bright and unusual cakes, especially if you spread them on top with butter or sprinkle with cheese. Help yourself with your culinary work of art.
Enjoy your meal!
- Instead of fresh spinach, you can use frozen.
- You can also add any other greens to your taste, you can even cook such cakes by adding finely chopped vegetables to the dough.
- You can also cook stuffed cakes by simply folding the filling between the two culinary products during frying in a pan, it can be cheese, vegetable salad or boiled chicken eggs, for example.
- Instead of a rolling pin, you can use an improvised cake press. To do this, simply place the ball of dough on a countertop or cutting board covered with a film, cover it with dough as well, then flatten the ball on top with a flat bottom of a pan or plate.