Lentil Vegetarian Soup Ingredients
- Lentils red or brown 1 cup
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Carrot 1 piece
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Tomato 2 pieces (small)
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoons (optional)
- Ground pepper mixture to taste
- Salt to taste
- Dried cumin to taste
- Purified water 2 liters
- Main Ingredients: Onion, Carrot, Tomato, Lentil
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Casserole, small casserole, ladle, wooden spatula, kitchen knife, cutting board, knife for cleaning vegetables, brush for washing vegetables.
Cooking Lentil Vegetarian Soup:
Step 1: Prepare the carrots.
Remove the peel from the carrot and wipe off any remaining dirt with a brush. If you use young carrots, the skin of which is still very thin, then simply erase the adhering pieces of earth. After all, preserving the peel you save the beneficial substances contained in it.
Cut the carrots into small cubes, approximately 5-7 mm in thickness.
Step 2: Prepare the onion and garlic.
Having separated from the head a few cloves of garlic, remove the husk from them. It is also necessary to remove the husk from the bulb, and for greater convenience, it must first be cut into two halves. Chopped peeled onion and garlic clove in thin cubes or slices.
Step 3: Prepare the tomatoes.
Rinse the tomatoes and make cross-shaped incisions on the opposite side of the stem. In a small saucepan, warm the water and dip the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds or 1 minuteand then cool them with cold water. After this procedure, the peel should easily peel off the vegetables. Cut peeled tomatoes into small cubes.
If the peel from the tomato in the dishes usually does not bother you at all, then you can not peel them, but simply chop them.
Step 4: Cooking Lentil Vegetarian Soup.
At the bottom of the pan prepared for the soup, heat a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil. After put all the vegetables there and sauté them for 5-7 minutes. Now add caraway seeds, ground pepper mixture and continue to stew for another 1-2 minutes.
As soon as the vegetables are slightly fried and softened, pour them with clean water, bring to a boil and pour the lentils. Bring to a boil again and cook over medium heat. 25-35 minutes or until lentils are ready. Only at the very end of cooking add salt and lemon juice, then remove the soup from the heat and begin serving it on the table.
Step 5: Serve the lentil vegetarian soup.
Serve the finished lentil soup as an independent hot dish, pouring it into deep portioned dishes. Offer him a couple of slices of fragrant black bread, and as a dressing, if you need one, choose fat sour cream or homemade mayonnaise. I hope this appetizing and healthy soup will warm you and your loved ones even in the coldest time of the year.
Enjoy your meal!
- In order to make this soup more spicy and tart, you can add celery root or ginger. In general, this soup is very fond of various hot spices and other spices, so you can safely use the ones that you like best.
- The cooking time in the recipe is indicated based on red and brown lentils, but if you use green, the cooking time should be increased to 40 minutes.
- In winter and spring, instead of fresh tomatoes, I recommend using canned.
- Before cooking, be sure to rinse the lentils with cold water.