Ingredients for making mushroom soup in a slow cooker
- Ceps or champignons fresh 300 grams
- 5 medium sized potatoes
- 1 medium carrot
- Large onion 1 piece
- Fresh parsley 1 small bunch
- Refined vegetable oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Green onions 2-3 feathers
- Main Ingredients: Potato, Onion, Carrot, Mushroom
- Serving 7 servings
- World Cuisine
Slow cooker, cutting board, kitchen knife, deep serving plates, scoop, plate - 4 pieces, medium bowl, vegetable cutter, coarse grater, wooden spatula
Cooking mushroom soup in a slow cooker:
Step 1: prepare the mushrooms.
To make the soup, it really doesn't matter which mushrooms you use. Ideally, it is, of course, forest, as in a dish they give an unforgettable aroma. But you can also use mushrooms and even dried.
I usually add porcini mushrooms to the soup. But since the process of preparing fresh ingredients is identical, so let's get started. Thoroughly wash the mushrooms under running warm water and put on a cutting board. Using a knife, we clear them of coarsened places on hats and legs. Attention: if it seemed to you that the mushroom looks fresh, it is better not to use it, so, God forbid, not to be poisoned. Now grind the components in pieces and pour into a clean plate.
Step 2: prepare the onions.
Using a knife, peel the onion from the husk and rinse thoroughly under running warm water. Next, lay out the component on a cutting board and finely chop into cubes. Pour the chopped onion into a free plate.
Step 3: prepare the carrots.
Using a vegetable cutter, peel the carrots from the skins and then immediately rinse thoroughly under running warm water. Now, using a coarse grater, chop the vegetable right on the cutting board. At the end, pour the chips into a clean plate and proceed to the preparation of the potatoes.
Step 4: prepare the potatoes.
Using a vegetable cutter, peel the potatoes from their peels. Then thoroughly rinse the tubers under running warm water to wash away any remaining soil and other dirt. We spread the components on a cutting board and chop with a knife into cubes or cubes. We chop the chopped potatoes in a medium bowl and fill with ordinary cold tap water so that the liquid completely covers the vegetables. This must be done so that the components do not interact with the air and do not darken.
Step 5: prepare the parsley.
We wash the parsley under running water, shake off excess liquid and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, finely chop the greens and immediately pour it into a clean plate.
Step 6: prepare the green onions.
We wash green onions under running water and put them on a cutting board. We chop the feathers with slices with a knife and pour them into a plate with parsley. Attention: greens may not be added to the soup, but with it it will smell in summer and freshness. I usually sprinkle the dish with parsley just before serving.
Step 7: prepare the mushroom soup in a slow cooker.
In a crock pot, pour a small amount of vegetable oil and turn on frying mode. When the contents of the container are well warmed up, put the chopped mushrooms here. Having mixed everything well with a wooden spatula, we cover the appliance with a lid and prepare the components 10 minutes. After the allotted time, pour the chopped onion into the container. Continue to fry the components 5 more minutes. Then add shredded carrots to the pan, mix everything thoroughly with improvised equipment and, without closing the lid, continue to prepare the base for the soup until it acquires a pale golden color.
Next, put the potato slices in a slow cooker and pour everything with clean cold water so that it completely covers the ingredients.
Now close the appliance with a lid, install soup mode and cook the dish for 1 hour.
When the signal sounds, optionally pour the chopped onion with parsley into the container. We close the multicooker again with a lid, but we’re not extending any mode anymore, we just let the soup stand for 10 minutes. When time runs out, turn off the appliance from the network and begin to set the table for dinner.
Step 8: serve the mushroom soup in a slow cooker.
Using the scoop, pour the mushroom soup into deep plates and serve with pieces of bread to the dinner table.
Upon request, guests can be invited to season the dish with sour cream. What a delicious, satisfying and aromatic it turns out! Well, you’ll just lick your fingers!
Bon appetit to all!
- if you decide to make a soup of dried mushrooms, then thoroughly rinse them under running warm water, put them into a deep container and fill them with ordinary liquid from the tap so that it completely covers the components. Leave them for 2-2.5 hours soak. After the allotted time, they will soften and increase in size. The broth, which was obtained from ordinary water, can not be poured, but added to the slow cooker;
- to make the soup even richer, you can add rice or pearl barley to it. In the first option, it is necessary to thoroughly rinse the component under running water until it becomes transparent. But you should add rice to the soup exactly so many minutes before cooking, how much this cereal is cooked, that is, about 20. Everything is a little different with pearl barley. To begin with, we wash it under running water, then pour it into a deep container and fill it with ordinary warm liquid from the tap. Every 30 minutes carefully merge the old one and fill it with a new one. This must be done so that the barley becomes soft and cooks faster in the soup. Add this component immediately before we fill the roast with water;
- carrots do not have to be chopped with a coarse grater. Vegetables can also be chopped into small cubes, circles or a crescent on a cutting board, using a sharp knife. The taste of this soup does not exactly change.