Ingredients for making semolina muffins with dried apricots
- Semolina 200 grams
- Dried apricots pitted 200 grams
- Kefir 250 milliliters
- 2 eggs
- Sugar 3 tablespoons
- Vanilla sugar 1 pinch
- Baking powder for dough 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1 pinch
- Vegetable oil for greasing cupcake tins
- Main ingredients: Dried apricots, Kefir, Manka
- Serving 12 Servings
Mixer, Cutting board, Knife, Cupcake cutters, Tablespoon, Oven, Kitchen gloves, Teaspoon, Plate, Kitchen paper towels, Serving dish, Pastry brush
Cooking semolina cupcakes with dried apricots:
Step 1: prepare dried apricots.
Dried apricots are thoroughly washed under running water and put on a cutting board so that excess liquid comes out of it. Immediately after that, we dry the dried fruits with kitchen paper towels and transfer to a free plate.
Step 2: prepare the egg-sugar mixture.
Using a knife, break the egg shell, and pour the egg yolk with protein into the mixer bowl. We add sugar and vanilla sugar to this and at medium speed beat the ingredients until we get a homogeneous mass without grains of sugar. Attention: the dough for muffins is not very sweet, so if you are a sweet tooth, then you can increase the amount of the main sugar ingredient to taste.
Step 3: prepare the dough.
In the egg-sugar mixture, pour salt, a baking powder for the dough, and also pour the kefir. Lightly beat everything with a mixer until smooth. At the end, add semolina to the container and again whisk everything with improvised equipment until a homogeneous mass is formed. Attention: the dough should be consistency like pancakes.
Step 4: prepare semolina cupcakes with dried apricots.
Lubricate the cupcakes with a small amount of vegetable oil, using a pastry brush for this. 1/3 capacity fill with batter. Then spread in the middle 1-2 things dried apricots and again fill everything with dough so that to the edge of the mold remains 0.5 centimeters.
We put the molds for cupcakes in preheated to a temperature 170 ° C bake and bake the dish for 30 minutes. During this time, baking should increase in size and attract everyone with its unforgettable aroma. After the allotted time, turn off the oven, and take out the molds with the help of kitchen tacks and set aside to cool down to a warm state.
Step 5: serve semolina cupcakes with dried apricots.
Before serving to the dessert table, we spread the semolina cupcakes with dried apricots on a special flat dish and we hasten to treat the household with this fragrant delicious pastry along with tea or coffee.
- In addition to dried apricots, prunes can also be put in the cupcake filling. Then semolina cupcakes turn out more with sourness.
- For the preparation of cupcakes, you can also use paper and silicone molds. The only thing you should pay attention to is the dough, which can stick to the paper after baking.
- Semi-cupcakes can be covered with chocolate or whipped cream before serving to the dessert table, as well as sprinkled with coconut flakes or chopped nuts.
- Instead of vanilla sugar, you can use vanillin. In this case, it is important not to overdo it so that the cupcakes are not bitter. Therefore, this seasoning at the tip of the knife will suffice.