Ingredients for cooking children's meatballs in a slow cooker
- Ground beef fresh (chopped) 300 grams
- 1 cup round-grain rice cooked until fully cooked
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Salt to taste
- Carrot 1 piece (medium)
- Onions 1 piece (medium)
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Main Ingredients: Beef, Onion, Carrot, Eggs, Rice
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife, cutting board, grater, slow cooker with a compartment for steaming, a tablespoon, a teaspoon, a deep bowl, a serving plate.
Cooking children's meatballs in a slow cooker:
Step 1: prepare the vegetables.
First, with a kitchen knife, peel all the vegetables indicated in the recipe. We rinse them under trickles of cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, put them on a cutting board and grind them.
You can do this in several ways, one by one in a stationary blender, using a food processor, through a meat grinder or in antiquity, that is, finely chop or chop carrots and onions on a fine or medium grater. The latter option suits the kids more!
Step 2: prepare the meat for children's meatballs.
We shift the prepared vegetables into a deep bowl and add finely chopped fresh ground beef to them. There we send round-boiled round-grain rice, uncooked raw chicken egg and a little salt, which you should not be zealous with, because it harms not only children but also adults. After that, mix all the components of the minced meat to a homogeneous consistency and move on!
Step 3: we form children's meatballs.
We carefully read the instructions of the multicooker, then insert its plug into the outlet and pour the right amount of water in the Teflon bowl, which will be needed to prepare the meat dish. Then grease the bottom of the double boiler basket with half a tablespoon of vegetable oil and treat the rest with your hands. We collect a full teaspoon of a mixture of rice, vegetables, and also beef, put it on the palm of our hand and roll a small ball with a diameter of 2-2.5 centimeters, approximately like an average walnut. We move the formed meatball into the double boiler from the multicooker and in the same way we sculpt the remaining meat balls until the stuffing ends.
Step 4: prepare children's meatballs in a slow cooker.
Then we fix the basket with still raw meatballs on the surface of the multicooker bowl and cover the machine with a tight-fitting lid. The further process depends on the functions of your device, if it has a mode "Steam cooking", then everything is simple, turn it on and set the time 40-45 minutes.
What to do if such a process is not provided in your menu, for example, like the "Brand" kitchen miracle? The main thing is not to get upset! We simply fill the multicooker bowl halfway hot with boiling water, set the steam compartment with meatballs on it, close and turn it on Baking mode for 1 hour.
Regardless of the type of equipment, after the right time, the food will be completely ready. When the kitchen appliance announces the end of the program with a characteristic beeping or ringing sound, we are not in a hurry to immediately open the lid, just slightly open it and wait 3-4 minutes for the steam to escape. Then carefully with the help of a tablespoon we lay out the rice and meat balls in portions on plates, cool them slightly and try together with the baby.
Step 5: serve the children's meatballs in the multicooker.
Children's meatballs in a slow cooker serve the baby in a warm form in a portion not exceeding 100 grams, since such food is considered quite difficult for children who have just begun to learn meat dishes, but still chew them with their teeth and smack them with a pleasant taste. If your baby prefers softer, wet foods, then season the meatballs with a little sour cream, cream or a separately prepared sauce based on vegetables or fruits. Also for such a wonderful lunch or dinner, you can continue the side dish, for example, vegetable puree, a slice of fresh cucumber or a little caviar from zucchini. Cook with pleasure and be healthy!
Enjoy your meal!
- if ground beef is ground too coarsely, it is worth re-passing it through a meat grinder or chopping it in a blender or food processor;
- It is better to take round-grain rice for children's meatballs and it should be boiled in a large amount of salted water until it is ready a little longer than the set time, about 20-22 minutes. Then throw in a colander, rinse, dry and use as intended: either add to the minced meat, or serve as a side dish;
- very often finely chopped dill or parsley is put in a mixture of rice and meat, these plants relieve colic and also have a beneficial effect on digestion;
- It’s better not to put spices in children's dishes, they do more harm than good, for example, howl allergies or poisoning;
- an alternative to carrots - zucchini, pumpkin or eggplant, and vegetable oil - melted butter;
- such meatballs can be simply boiled in water, although before that it’s worth adding a couple of tablespoons of semolina or sifted wheat flour to the minced meat, or baking in an oven heated to 180 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes and simmering it in sour cream for another 15-20 minutes.