Ingredients for making European mayonnaise
- Fresh egg yolks 2 pieces
- Table vinegar 9% 1 tablespoon
- Ready mustard 1 teaspoon
- Refined or olive oil 1/2 cup
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- Sugar 1.5 teaspoon
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Mustard
- Serving 4 servings
Deep narrow blender bowl, submersible or stationary blender, tablespoon, teaspoon, glass jar, twist metal lid, refrigerator, kitchen paper towels, fabric towel, kitchen sponge, dishwashing detergent, serving bowl
Preparation of "European" mayonnaise:
Step 1: prepare a jar with a lid.
Using a kitchen sponge and detergent for dishes, rub a glass jar with a metal lid. Then thoroughly rinse the container under running warm water until the walls of the container begin to creak if wet fingers are used on them. Immediately after that, wipe everything with kitchen paper towels and lay it upside down on a clean cloth towel. We leave the jar with the lid temporarily out of the way, but for now, prepare mayonnaise.
Step 2: make mayonnaise.
There are many recipes for mayonnaise, but "European" is one of my favorites. It has a pronounced sweet taste with piquant sourness and an unforgettable aroma. So let's get started! Pour the egg yolks into a deep, but always narrow (so as not to spill the sauce during cooking) bowl, and also add mustard, salt and sugar. Then, using a submersible or stationary blender, beat all the ingredients at high speed until a dense homogeneous mass is formed.
Now we begin to pour olive or vegetable oil into the container. Attention: this must be done with extreme caution so that the mayonnaise does not exfoliate. After all, if this happens, we will have to cook the sauce first. Therefore, add the oil one tablespoon at a time, whipping everything with improvised inventory. When the component remains half as much, we begin to pour it in a thin stream. Important: Whip the mass all the time with a blender at high speed. In front of the eyes, the mayonnaise will begin to thicken and lighten. It should be so!
At the end, add vinegar to the bowl, mix everything again and go to the final stage of preparing the dressing.
Using a tablespoon, transfer the sauce from a narrow container to a glass jar, tightly close it with a metal lid and put in the refrigerator to cool for 30-40 minutes.
Step 3: serve the mayonnaise.
When the mayonnaise has cooled, we take it out of the refrigerator and transfer it to the bowl. We serve European sauce to the dinner table along with various salads, fried potatoes, meat and even slices of bread. My family, for example, can even eat this mayonnaise with spoons, spreading it on bakery products. Very tasty and, most importantly, harmless (when compared with store sauce)!
- for a more expressive color, it is best to add homemade chicken yolks to mayonnaise;
- The number of spices in the recipe can vary depending on your preference. For example, you can increase the amount of salt, and sugar - reduce. The same goes for vinegar. By the way, even black freshly ground pepper can be added to mayonnaise to taste;
- such a sauce is stored in the refrigerator no more than 3-4 days after manufacture, so it is best to attach a sticker with a date on the jar so that one of the household does not add already expired mayonnaise to the food.